Battery Rockin' after update

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else getting awesome battery life after the MR2 ?

I am at 8 hours unplugged right now and am at 87% Battery left. (2750mah)

Before the update I was usually at about 65-70% battery by now.

I have not altered my use at all. Wonder if it is just me?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Is that on 4G, or on 3G (and/ or wi-fi)? Still haven't gotten the update, myself, but personally, on the MR1 OTA, my battery life has been fairly erratic. I also have the 2750 battery, and some days, I can go 7-8 hours and still be at 85-ish percent, but other days, with the same usage, I'm some how down to 50-65%. Not sure why it gets so erratic, but hoping that if/ when I can download the MR2 update, that'll be fixed up.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any change in battery life - but maybe I just wasn't paying attention. I will see what it does tomorrow on a fresh battery from start up.

I didn't think this update was supposed to do anything to help (or hinder) battery life - did Verizon or HTC say anything about this?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Currently at about 36 hours now on the extended battery and still have 40% left (on 3G, no LTE in my area yet). Previously, I'd probably be more at 20% by now. So, it does appear to be better. Haven't used the standard battery yet since flashing the new MR2 RUU Friday night (previously had the leaked MR2 RUU from June 10). Typically, with the standard battery, I'd get around 10-12 hours. Will be curious to try out the standard battery the next few days.

Note: even while in a 4G LTE area for a week last month, didn't notice any increased battery drain (at the time was using the leaked MR2).

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I was getting anywhere from 10 hrs to 14 hrs with the MR1 update and crazy reboots. Still haven't seen the difference yet with the new update but if it's anything like you guys are getting then I'm all smiles!!! And I'm on the 1600mAh battery.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was getting anywhere from 10 hrs to 14 hrs with the MR1 update and crazy reboots. Still haven't seen the difference yet with the new update but if it's anything like you guys are getting then I'm all smiles!!! And I'm on the 1600mAh battery.

Are you on the Sedio 1600mAh battery? Did you know that it is really only 1305mAh?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

i'm on mr1 running db 1.8, with 4g on all the time and mail and weather syncing every hour, i'm at 86% after reboot on ext batt after a little more than 13 hours of light usage. my idle is 19ma most of the time.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
It's a small sample size so far, but battery life does appear to be improved.

Running on WIFI, actually, it seems about the same, but I had 4G on most of the day yesterday and it definitely didn't drain as fast as it usually does.

BAMF 1.8.6 Remix with the new (real & official) MR2 radio.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update. I've been using the standard battery for about 12 hours now. Granted, most of that time the phone has been in sleep mode, but it still has 80% charge left. That's about 20% more than it would have under the same circumstances previously. So, whether the extended battery or standard, I'm definitely seeing improved battery life. :)

I don’t know if it would matter for some, but after an OTA or flashing via a full RUU, I always do a master reset (factory data reset) to clear the slate. Without doing this, I’ve typically had a few issues with apps or settings or general operation. I know it could be a real pain for some to do that. But, I keep my phone pretty simple, make backups of things and have it back to normal within an hour. It’s a small price to pay, but it sure seems to pay off over the long term. After this new MR2 update, the phone works like a champ! :p

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow, battery is rocking alright! I am now at 31 hours and have about 20% left on the standard battery. Again, most of that time the phone has been in standby, but still! Previously, I would have NEVER gotten that much on the standard battery, only with the extended. :p

Dirtman16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, count me as another who has seen improved battery life. I wouldn't say it's dramatic, but noticeable.

More than anything, it appears the battery drain during standby is more consistent, particularly on 3G (no LTE here yet). I used to get spikes of usage while on 3G, even when the phone was not in use. This appears to be gone now.

My market is getting LTE in about a week, so we'll see how it goes then! :-\