htc sense 3.0 ?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Sense 3.0.... No, the Thunderbolt will not get 3.0.

Gingerbread Release date... anyone's guess... HTC missed the Quarter they said they would release it for the Thunderbolt.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that the Thunderbolt will not be getting Sense 3.0. I think I've heard that, technically, it doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run it. I know there are some ROMs (or whatever those are called, that rooted users use) with it on there, but to my knowledge, they're not completely stable.

As far as Gingerbread, no one really knows. I'd say the earliest estimate would be late August, but I'm guessing, much like the MR2 update, it'll get a rumored release date, only to be pushed back again and again. So, I'd say late August is when we'll start hearing rumors of a release, but it'll get bumped up to late September or early October.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
GB will be released sometime between Mid July Late December. And the TB will not get Sense 3.0. But some aspects. Like the new app drawer and notification window. Would be nice to get the Ring lock screen since it's obvious the TB can handle it since the HTC Cha Cha has it, but i doubt it will. Im honestly not excited about GB anymore. I am excited about Ice Cream sandwhich though.

jblom

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
If you want sense 3.0 root the phone, and get the rom Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4. Sense 3.0, gingerbread and pure awesomeness! Not one issue!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you want sense 3.0 root the phone, and get the rom Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4. Sense 3.0, gingerbread and pure awesomeness! Not one issue!

I had problems with the phone randomly shutting down running db gb. Had to pull battery to get phone to restart. Also, could not get voicemail notifications unless I did a restart. Went back to db 1.8,and all is good again.

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Look now, it's a good rom but to say not one issue is a bit of false advertising. I will not say that you have had problems with it, but as good as it is there are still widely reported problems, albeit mostly minor ones.

jblom

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Look now, it's a good rom but to say not one issue is a bit of false advertising. I will not say that you have had problems with it, but as good as it is there ate still widely reported problems, albeit mostly minor ones.
I personally have had zero issues. I have everything working perfectly along with vvm, ffc and not one complaint. I have the extended battery and get 20 hours of heavy use out of it. I am only on 3g at the time. 4G is getting turned on in two weeks and hopefully still same battery life.

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Look now, it's a good rom but to say not one issue is a bit of false advertising. I will not say that you have had problems with it, but as good as it is there are still widely reported problems, albeit mostly minor ones.

No issues with preRC5. What "problems" are there? It seems to run better than anything stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01