Viewing SD card files on phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
there are a few apps you can get from the market, i like astro. es file explorer works to.

pt1911

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the suggestions guys!

@TBDreamer, when I connect mine to PC and choose disk drive it still shows nothing....

TBDreamer

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Usually it takes a while before it shows up depending on your computer, it should first show a install driver window, you can just close that, then the window that allows files to be shown should pop up

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you need to install HTC Sync on your computer? Even if you don't it should still show up as a removable drive, right?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

agula001

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
@bkorver - yeah your right. I had htc sync installed and just
reformatted my hd. I have not installed htc sync yet and the
card still was recognized when I connected my tb to it.

CrazeOKC

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Also if you are still having problems accessing your files via computer you can turn on USB Debugging on you phone and it will force it to show up. Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging. If you are having problems with your sd card and cant get it reformatted selecting this will force your phone to display it on your computer and then you can reformat. Learned that yesterday. P.S. SD Cards do not like to be moved to different phones (ie replaceing a phone).

pt1911

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I got it to work but thanks for all the suggestions guys! I think the problem was that the MicroSD card adapter I was using was not compatible with the 32G type 4 HC micro card that comes in our phones, I tried a newer adapter that I had and it popped up right away.

Leslie7r

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Why is this so difficult? What good is this SDCard if its got a secret way to use it? Who made these things anyway? Can they explain this?