I Want My 4G NOW!!! Post your place here...

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I too want blazing speed :'(

Verizon...Suffolk County, NY wants 4G

Post your place (Dont look at your phone, its no doubt wrong, LOL) to let Verizon know your here too!

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Toledo freakin Ohio!
lol real soon like next week the scuttle butt says, so in VZW terms next month prolly after GB lol

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Well Tulsa Oklahoma 4G LTE just went live yesterday and let me tell you something, while 4G is as fast as advertised...it eats the heck out of battery. I've gone from 15 hours easy with an extended battery to 8 hours max.

If I was careful I could get 20 hours out of 3G...with 4G I have to be careful to get 8.

I love 4G and boy is it fast but boy is it a freaking battery killer, so be careful what you wish for. You just might find yourself back to using 3G after getting over the excitement of getting 4G.:)

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Well Tulsa Oklahoma 4G LTE just went live yesterday and let me tell you something, while 4G is as fast as advertised...it eats the heck out of battery. I've gone from 15 hours easy with an extended battery to 8 hours max.

If I was careful I could get 20 hours out of 3G...with 4G I have to be careful to get 8.

I love 4G and boy is it fast but boy is it a freaking battery killer, so be careful what you wish for. You just might find yourself back to using 3G after getting over the excitement of getting 4G.:)

Are you talking 8 hours of uptime or just getting 8 hours total out of your phone? I'm in San Antonio and have had 4G since day 1 and I can still get about 2 days of light use out of my phone with an extended battery.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking 8 hours of uptime or just getting 8 hours total out of your phone? I'm in San Antonio and have had 4G since day 1 and I can still get about 2 days of light use out of my phone with an extended battery.
I got 8 hours of use out of my TBolt yesterday using nothing but 4G...8 hours from unplug to 10% battery left.

Now, I consider my use to be heavy. I sync everything, as often as it can. For instance, if an app can sync once a minute, I set it for that. I use 100% brightness at all times. GPS BT, etc.., on at all times.

I also have ~300 apps installed, so there is a lot to drain the battery. It's just that with 3G, with these same settings, I could get 20 hours if I really tried(just don't use the device as much) 12-15 hours was very normal with 3G with heavy use.

Yesterday, with 4G, I could actually watch the battery drain right before my eyes. Streaming slacker at the gym was great...no stutter or buffering but it used 20% battery in barely a half hour. Basically, 4G has halved my over-all battery life.

On the upside, 20mb downloads is awesome. :D

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Birmingham Alabama would be awesome! I know the April tornados destroyed some cell towers and damaged others setting the LTE deployment back, but has anyone heard anything on when BHam may get it? I keep searching, but haven't found anything..... :( Thanks!

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Birmingham Alabama would be awesome! I know the April tornados destroyed some cell towers and damaged others setting the LTE deployment back, but has anyone heard anything on when BHam may get it? I keep searching, but haven't found anything..... :( Thanks!

I'm not alone on this forum! Birmingham would be awesome!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
LTE coverage ends two blocks up from my home. So I'd like them to add about 1000 feet of LTE coverage and I'll be happy. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power