Question about how Friend Stream Widget should work

CPB

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi All. New to the Thunderbolt and Android in general, and was wondering about HTC's Friend Stream capability. Stock phone, there is a full screen Friend Stream widget preloaded on one of my home screens, and I logged in with my Facebook and Twitter accounts. I noticed my friend's posts/updates pulled up right away. However, every time I swipe/flick/navigate to that particular home screen (hours later) that contains the Friend Stream widget, it is never automatically updated to show the latest updates, even though the informational bar at the bottom states that it has been synced recently. It only shows the old updates from when I last manually synced.

I can only get new data to show up (within the widget) by tapping on that informational bar at the bottom to resync manually, or by hitting the right facing arrow at the top of the widget, which then opens the actual app, on the screen called "all updates".

I would have imagined the newest updates would be shown on the Friend Stream widget especially since it is syncing to those social media platforms, but what do I know.

Thinking something was wrong, I've cleared data/cache of both Facebook for HTC Sense and Friend Stream. I've also removed the Facebook for HTC Sense account from Accounts & Sync, and re-added it. I've also rebooted and powered off/on, but the widget is always showing old updates until manually synced.

Is this how the Friend Stream widget is supposed to work?

Thanks!