Car Charger for Thunderbolt

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I prefer car adapters that have USB ports, For the TB 1Amp per port is recommended. I've had good luck with SCOSCHE. Though I like how HTC's power indicator light is internal and backlights the USB ports. Why didn't I think of it. Any way .5 Amp might not actually charge it.... just stabilize to slow charge it. Especially if using LTE.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have my old LG env3 wall charger i use as a back up charger for my bolt. and my mom uses her env2 car charger for her Dinc.

if you have one use it!

rcpa

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Get a 1 Amp charger. The cheap chargers are often 500 mA and with one of those, you phone won't charge much while using google maps and may actually discharge.

ongre10

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The thunderbolt is a big phone and consumes a fair amount of power. Make certain the power supply can handle what the thunderbolt needs as a "load". I am using a motorola 12volt charger that works well. It is a 1 amp supply. For the thu derbolt, it is a necessary tool. If you drive much you can charge and power the phone as you move about. Very handy.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Get a 1 Amp charger. The cheap chargers are often 500 mA and with one of those, you phone won't charge much while using google maps and may actually discharge.

I second this. I got an OEM Palm charger from AT&T for $3.75 shipped and it gives 5V/1A, which i posted a thread about a while ago. It charges to about .85A, similar to the stock HTC wall charger.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Trust me when I say this is the one you'll want to buy. Got one for me and one for the wife. Chargers faster than any I've used. Not only that, the blue looks friggin' sweet!

Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

None of those large chargers work in my car. I got a small charger that sits down on the plug and leaves more room for the stick shift to move around. It cost a bit more, but works well. Good for 1 amp.

Amazon.com: Kensington K39242US USB Car Charger for All USB-Powered Device (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Or you can make your own like I did for my motorcycle. :)

LessThanAnAndroidNovice

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The thunderbolt is a big phone and consumes a fair amount of power. Make certain the power supply can handle what the thunderbolt needs as a "load". I am using a motorola 12volt charger that works well. It is a 1 amp supply. For the thu derbolt, it is a necessary tool. If you drive much you can charge and power the phone as you move about. Very handy.
I've had a lot of success with this charger. It was recommended in a much, much earlier thread. ShopAndroid has it, but I'm sure you can find it other places.

http://store.androidcentral.com/motorola-micro-usb-high-performance-car-charger/5A47A3044.htm

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer