Did anyone buy there TBolt on a 1 year contract?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Did anyjuan buy there TBolt on a 1 year contract?

I didn't say you could. I said in order to qualify for a one year contract you had to be out of your contract period. See edit in my original post.

-Frank

hmmm...unless i am not understanding your post... I upgraded to the Thunderbolt with a 1 year contract, and I was still in contract, i think somewhere around 13-16 months of my 2 year contract.

I upgraded through the employee discount website, if that makes any difference.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Bought it on a 1 year contract. $229 plus sales tax, activation, etc. Came over from Sprint. Upgrade eligible in January. Don't plan to upgrade since I don't want a 2 year contract with a $350 ETF hanging over my head. Will probably go back to Sprint pick up the next EVO or Nexus, and play the "upgrade to Premier Gold" game every year or so when I want a new phone. If Verizon comes out with a Nexus at a reasonable no-contract price I'd consider it.

Very happy I didn't get the TBolt on a 2 year deal.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, corporate upgrade plans are different.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

just to clarify, this is a personal account, i just get a discount through my work, but i pay for the account myself. i tried to upgrade at a corporate Verizon store and they would not let me upgrade with a 1 year contract. Online, it said that i could upgrade with annual upgrade, but that annual upgrade requires 2 year renewal, but still, they let me reup with a 1-year contract.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
just to clarify, this is a personal account, i just get a discount through my work, but i pay for the account myself. i tried to upgrade at a corporate Verizon store and they would not let me upgrade with a 1 year contract. Online, it said that i could upgrade with annual upgrade, but that annual upgrade requires 2 year renewal, but still, they let me reup with a 1-year contract.
Yes, just to clarify, I'm saying if your elegibility for a 1 year contract was not due to a corporate account, you just slipped through the cracks.

I should add, it certainly doesn't have anything to do with being a "good customer". I've been a customer in good standing for every single month with two or more lines on the plan since they incorporated as VZW. And I couldn't do it either. Because I was still on my plan. Although, like you, I did use the "annual upgrade" to do it. Before they took that away too.

-Frank

Last edited:

reefsrt4

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Personal account. No ties to corporate account. Received at least 3 emails from VZW that I was eligible for early upgrade. At month #17 of the 24 month contract, i upgraded to the Tbolt on a 1 year contract. MyVerizon account verifies I get to upgrade again at month #10. :)

I can care less if i "slipped through the cracks" or not.....just happy I got the 1 year. Next upgrade is February. Looking forward to taking my time finding a solid dual core replacement, as I am very happy with the Rom'd bolt.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Personal account. No ties to corporate account. Received at least 3 emails from VZW that I was eligible for early upgrade. At month #17 of the 24 month contract, i upgraded to the Tbolt on a 1 year contract. MyVerizon account verifies I get to upgrade again at month #10. :)

I can care less if i "slipped through the cracks" or not.....just happy I got the 1 year. Next upgrade is February. Looking forward to taking my time finding a solid dual core replacement, as I am very happy with the Rom'd bolt.

Glad it worked out for you. I also heard stories of a few other folks who were able to do it. Very rare however.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk