ThunderBolt Gingerbread in testing at Verizon

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
TeamAndIRC tweeted that Gingerbread for the TBolt is in phase 2 testing at Verizon. Don't know what phase 2 testing is, but certainly good news.

@TeamAndIRC: interesting aye, Thunderbolt Gingerbread is in phase2 testing at Verizon. Just sayin'

Sent from my Commodore 64

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
TeamAndIRC tweeted that Gingerbread for the TBolt is in phase 2 testing at Verizon. Don't know what phase 2 testing is, but certainly good news.

@TeamAndIRC: interesting aye, Thunderbolt Gingerbread is in phase2 testing at Verizon. Just sayin'

I would say then we will see gb by the end of the mounth.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
There is another piece of info regarding GB update that shouldn't go unnoticed either:

@TeamAndIRC: Thunderbolt users, if you want root, root now before the next OTA. All publicly known temproot exploits are patched in it.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Phase 1: Collect Underpants
Phase 2: ???
Phase 3: Profit.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Is official Skype video coming out with this update?

Still no programs in aware of that let me video chat from TB to macbook...

Yes, along with Gtalk video. Aside, why would you want to video chat with a Macbook? All Macbooks will say back is that buying half-eaten fruit from strangers is the "hip" thing to do...
Apple Motto 2010: "Buying half-eaten fruit from strangers is the hip thing to do!"
Apple Motto 2011: "You'll buy it no matter what we say."

And on the OP... to be honest, I am not even sure what "Phase 2" testing is... my team has never classified testing in phases. We run hardware diagnostics, software diagnostics/stability tests, then the actual performance tests (a.k.a. "torture" test).

Based on that, you could say "Phase 2" is stability tests, but "Phase 1" (hardware) is not even needed since its just an update, so would "Phase 2" really be "Phase 3" (performance tests)? And what about my damn sandwich? Yeah, now you see why we do not label them in phases... writing that made my eyes bleed.

Last edited:

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
My personal guess is, we'll start hearing frequent rumors about the update releasing some time in late August, but it won't actually come out until September or October.

scottstatn

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was already publicly announced that we would see gingerbread before the bionic release which is suspected early August. I don't know why they would patch root exploits when they (HTC) said they wouldn't lock any boot loaders any more because users have the right to customize...Course it could all be Verizon's doing.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was already publicly announced that we would see gingerbread before the bionic release which is suspected early August. I don't know why they would patch root exploits when they (HTC) said they wouldn't lock any boot loaders any more because users have the right to customize...Course it could all be Verizon's doing.

It's all Verizon doing

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it would be nice to have some Gingerbread love for my TBolt, but they can take their sweet ass time if they need be. The last update has made my phone work a lot better and seems snappier now. Other than the garbage Facebook for Android app (I said screw it, I'll use Friendcaster even if it has adds in it), everything has been working great on my TBolt. I am looking forward to the new Skype with Video. I miss having it when I was using the unofficial leaked apk on the TBolt before the last update...

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
All theses rumors are a waste of time anyway, cause a friend if mine said that the Death star would be complete by the middle of August and earth is on a short list of test planets. If Gingerbread can't make me fly then I got no use for it.