Former DroidX / New Thunderbolt Owner

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I just just upgraded from a Droid X to a Thunderbolt and I just had my TB delivered and I love this device, I only had it for a few hours and my thought is.... Motorola Who? :D , so many of the feature are way better than the Droid X, camera, call quality and screen but the one thing I have noticed is that the reception is weaker than the Motorola Droid X, even with my network extender the signal stays at one or two bars.

The question is the
Software Number is 1.13.605.7 with Build Number 1.13.605.7 CL341545

I am taking this not to be the latest build and wonder if I should download the latest MR2 update and since the radio is updated on the MR2 build is there any chance this will improve signal reception?

Any Info will be appreciated... Thanks in advance.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes i would update also if you want to root your phone u better do it before the gb update.
Welcome to the thunderbolt family

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I just just upgraded from a Droid X to a Thunderbolt and I just had my TB delivered and I love this device, I only had it for a few hours and my thought is.... Motorola Who? :D , so many of the feature are way better than the Droid X, camera, call quality and screen but the one thing I have noticed is that the reception is weaker than the Motorola Droid X, even with my network extender the signal stays at one or two bars.

The question is the
Software Number is 1.13.605.7 with Build Number 1.13.605.7 CL341545

I am taking this not to be the latest build and wonder if I should download the latest MR2 update and since the radio is updated on the MR2 build is there any chance this will improve signal reception?

Any Info will be appreciated... Thanks in advance.
Yes, updating to MR2 should improve the radio. You have MR1 now (i.e. 1.13.605.7). MR2 is 1.70.605.x. Word has it that there will be yet another radio improvement in a future update. Probably when GB comes.

-Frank

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Welcome wildman! You were always active in the droid x forums, I remember you were a great contribution. Glad you got a thunderbolt!

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the leaked MR2 with Das BAMF 1.8.6 and i am getting excellent signal reception compared to the MR1. Three bars where i used to get one or none. Also, just so you know if you accept the OTA MR2 you will lose free mobile hotspot. Maybe you already have being that you just got your phone...just thought i would throw that in there.

Also, welcome to the Thunderbolt family. :)

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I went with the suggestion and installed the MR2 update but I may be rooting it later tonight and do the Das BAMF latest release because I cant stand a stock device but for now I will test it stock for the day and see how it goes...

Thanks again for all replies...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance