apk Install - Amazon appstore

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem installing some of the apps from the Amazon appstore. After the download, the apps won't install. I tried copying the apk files from the phone and then using HTC Sync to install them but that did not work either. Any ideas? These are some of the free apps of the day apps...Zeonia 2, Age of Zombies, Airport Mania, etc.

Thanks!

Sauk

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you enable the option to allow unknown sources in your application settings?

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem installing some of the apps from the Amazon appstore. After the download, the apps won't install. I tried copying the apk files from the phone and then using HTC Sync to install them but that did not work either. Any ideas? These are some of the free apps of the day apps...Zeonia 2, Age of Zombies, Airport Mania, etc.

Thanks!
Do u have the amazon market installed

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have the Amazon appstore installed and yes I have allowed unknown sources. I have been able to install other apps no problem from this market. But those I've listed will not install or update.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have the Amazon appstore installed and yes I have allowed unknown sources. I have been able to install other apps no problem from this market. But those I've listed will not install or update.

I might be a amazon issue I would give a few hrs and then try again or try contacting them by email or twitter

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I did install another app no problem. I may just have to email them. It is weird and I find it strange that the apk's will not install directly either when using HTC Sync.

jvarsdroid

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem. At least 5 apps from Amazon appstore that I have not been able to install so far. It looks to me like they don't download completely and then fail to install. If you find a solution let me know!

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've not yet found one. They just set to reset the phone and try again...like that did anything. The suggested contacting the maker of the app, which I may do next.

jvarsdroid

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Fresh boot has not worked for me. If it was the app wouldn't more people post seeing a problem, especially on the amazon reviews? The problem for me has so far been on the free apps of the day but that could be because I am afraid to buy anything from them because of this problem of not being able to install some apps! Airport mania, safari HD, Icookbook, msecure -password and one other that I forget right now have not installed no matter what I have tried... tried fresh boot, clearing cache and data, wifi connection and reinstalling appstore.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Neither a full shutdown, taking the battery out, nor restarting have any effect on this issue. It's as if the apk files are corrupt. It is unusual that I cannot install them even using HTC Sync. I'd imagine the files would install no issue through HTC Sync if they were fine.

Jvarsdroid, looks like we have an issue with at least one app in common, Airport Mania. That may suggest an issue with the apk files.

I am going to contact the folks who program these games to see if they getting reports specifically from purchases made on Amazon. I may try to get these apps from the Android Market to test it out as well. I know the free version of aTilt installed without issues but the full app downloaded from Amazon will not.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem here's the fix:

Go to the '.android_secure' folder and delete the 'smdl2tmp1.asec' file. You'll need to plug it into your computer and make sure you can see invisible files/folders. That file often gets corrupted, but the OS will remake it once it's gone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci