Buy from Verizon or Best Buy?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Does it matter whether I buy my TBolt from Verizon direct or a place like Best Buy (sales or specials not withstanding)? Doesn't BB have a policy to replace things when the newer stuff comes out? Do I get the same basic warranty from either place?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Does it matter whether I buy my TBolt from Verizon direct or a place like Best Buy (sales or specials not withstanding)? Doesn't BB have a policy to replace things when the newer stuff comes out? Do I get the same basic warranty from either place?

I would do it from Verizon its just easier in the long run

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine at Best Buy because they gave me a 30 day return/exchange period. Plus they will price match within 30 days and give me the difference back if the phone price drops at their stores.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I would do it from Verizon its just easier in the long run

Why is that? I never had a problem with Best Buy or Verizon taking care of the phone I got from Best Buy. I have gotten 2 different phones replaced I bought from Best Buy through Verizon with no problems what so ever.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Why is that? I never had a problem with Best Buy or Verizon taking care of the phone I got from Best Buy. I have gotten 2 different phones replaced I bought from Best Buy through Verizon with no problems what so ever.

U must have nice Verizon people. When I got my storm 2 at bestbuy and it broke I tried to take it to Verizon and they wouldn't eve look at it. Had to go back to multiple bestbuys before someone would realize that if the bb button only worked half the time it might be a problem

Djnikkofb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Buy from best buy. Not only do they offer black tie service for $10/ month which is outstanding piece of mind, but if you find a coupon for cheaper advertised price they * must price match guarantee, and you get best buy rewards points.. Trust me its awesome.. Just my experience

1.21 giggawatts Thunder

DroidLoven

Banned
Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I would get it from Verizon. Why because you are covered. You have problems go to Verizon you need a refurbished phone? Verizon. You need knowledgeable staff? Verizon

Best Buy have a horrid return policy after the 30 day mark, so it would be a pain the arse to deal with them after 30 days to maybe get a replacement phone direct. The Thunderbolt has a 1 year warranty mind you. Verizon would be the route to go if you have any problems within that year. Smartphones have tons of problems so you figure a years time you more than likely could be getting a replacement directly from Verizon VS fighting Best Buy to get you another phone upfront. Best Buy are something else.

Djnikkofb

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on what you the consumer wants. I say best buy others say verizon.. Were both correct based on our experiences. So just do what you feel is a better decision...

1.21 giggawatts Thunder

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon should warranty it wherever you buy it from. Best buy is an authorized retailer and you are buying Verizon service.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams