Thunderbolt lte sim in MiFi?

modern

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Can I take my 4g sim card out of my thunderbolt and use it in a MiFi device? If it does work will my Tb be useless or will it work only on 1x and 3g? It will be pretty sweet to have 2 working devices!

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Can I take my 4g sim card out of my thunderbolt and use it in a MiFi device? If it does work will my Tb be useless or will it work only on 1x and 3g? It will be pretty sweet to have 2 working devices!

I wouldent try it as each sim is set to one device and u might mess everything up

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I am not 100% but from my knowledge and experiences this is what I would expect to happen:
the act of taking out a sim card and putting it in a new lte device activates that device to your sim card( and account connected to that sim) your Thunderbolt would not be usable without a sim card installed in it. it will prob say " no lte sim card installed device not activated/no service) when you put back in your sim card it should reactivate your thunderbolt(after you take it out of another device).

Reactions: modern

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys! From what I read on xda, seems like it would work but my Tb would deactivate like a gsm phone.
Don't do it. The plans are different, and Verizon has the capability to see what device the Sim card is attached to. If they catch you, they will not only change your plan, but they will also backdate the change of device and charge you for any overages. (MiFi plans are limited, and the overages are expensive)

Also, your phone will not connect without the sim. Although it runs on Verizon's 3G network, it does so through the sim card and a special intermediary layer between the 3G and 4G networks.