Thunderflop?

DunXel

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I am just not having the best expierence with the Thunderbolt & debating on demanding a phone switch..

1. 3-6 Reboots a day for 3 months. (thank goodness i never had to call 911) [before recent firmware]
2. now 1-2 reboots a day... [after recent firmware]
3. 4G goes down in the nation & this phone looses data even in 3G networks.... (ive counted 3 full days of this)
4. Select contact to send text to & get someone else.. [before recent firmware]
5. Send text to a selected Contact & it gets sent to other random contact. [after recent firmware]
6. Garbage Battery Life that forced me to purchase a larger battery.
7. Now that i have new Extended Battery i must purchase a new Car Stand..
8. Oh wait the offical extended battery car stand is not out yet....
9. Verizon/HTC takes nearly 3 months to send an Minor Fix... Seems to fix 1 issue & casuse another.
10. At 2 months of dealing with reboots VZ promise customers GB to shut us up... Where is it?

Greatly frustrated & sad.. I have not been this upset about a phone since BB Storm 1...
I do not plan on leaving VZ as i get a 13% discount on everything thanks to my buisness..
But I might need to change phones. I had to do 6 phone swaps with the Storm 1 back in the day. I Really Really do not wish to go through that hardware swap to fix a software issue again & again....

Any suggustions or postive reinforcement?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you can try, but most likely, if you haven't done so, you're gonna have to go through a few clnrs before they will consider a change of phone.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
you just got unlucky.

as most ppl I have had 0 problems with mine since release day.
10-15 hours on stock battery on 4g all the time as well.

its bleeding edge tech there are going to be problems with it. you just seem to have gotten the raw end of it.

GB will be ready when its ready. Moto rushed the GB for the X and see what happened there? my buddies X is now "the worst phone iv ever had".

good luck with whatever device you choose next.

DunXel

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if i should wipe the phone, start fresh & clean...

Possibly take the next best root that appears to be the most stable.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset since the latest update? If not that might correct some of your issues. If it doesn't you might have some hardware issues because the latest update fixed most people's issues. Might want to get a new (CLNR) phone before rooting. If you have problems with hardware I don't think rooting will help much.

I have a universal car stand that works just fine with the extended battery by the way.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if i should wipe the phone, start fresh & clean...
I'd recommend a normal factory reset. If you do that it wouldn't be a bad idea to call VZW CS first and tell them of your issues and that you are going to do a factory reset and to please annotate your account. So, when/if you call back after a factory reset didn't fix it, they'll be more "prepared".

-Frank

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
this is a great phone. sounds like you either have:

bad luck or a lemon phone.

stop complaining and get a new or different phone.

get that iphone thing, i hear the ladies love it

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I would root it. I have my thunderbolt since April. I rooted after two weeks, and love it. I have gingerbread, great battery life, and haven't had any reboots. You can get all the updates you want, and the dev community are real helpful. You can't go wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol