Mobile Hotspot or Mifi or Something else for Streaming Video?

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello smart people,

I need to stream a video online for an upcoming Wedding next month. What is the fastest and most solid (least amount of dropouts) mobile (not necessarily a phone) wireless connection at a reasonable price? I will have access to an outlet so I could plug something in if necessary.

Yesterday I did a test run and tried using my 4G Mobile Hotspot on my Tbolt and it worked for a while but then the speed dropped just for a brief moment and I was kicked off the stream. Livestream, the company I stream the video through, said they recommend only a wired connection to stream, but as the event is a Wedding in a huge Church there may not be "wired" access so I have to go with the fastest and most steady/solid wireless connection possible. I've tried it using my home wireless and it it streamed just fine. So maybe using a phone's hotspot is not as reliable. I don't know.

Really, I'll only be streaming for 1.5 hours at a max of 450kbps. So is my TBolt's MHS my best option? Or can I rent/buy something else that will work for just this one day event and give me really fast/reliable connection at a reasonable price (hopefully less than $100 since its just for 2 hours)?

Any ideas?

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If your in a 4g area then I would use the bolt and just put the mobile hotspot on your plan for the day u need it.

Okay. If we can't get wired connection that looks like what I'll do. I just didn't know if mifi was a more "reliable" connection. But it will cost me a lot more, so maybe I'll just use my bolt as you say.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar