Data wipe

xxtsxx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to root my thunderbolt, but I just wanted to know how much work it is to get your phone back to normal after it gets wiped. How much is backed up by Google and how will my contacts be backed up since they are at least 3 linked. Also will autoroot work on mr2? Thanks

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
All contacts email calendar are all backed up to Google if u don't have many apps u can be back up in running in 1hr. And yes auto root works

Reactions: xxtsxx

GNUsNotUnix

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Gotta love the Auto-Root. It works like a champ.

My only suggestion would be to download the MR2 radio from XDA and flash that afterwards. That way, VZW doesn't try to push it to your phone... I almost had this happen to me last night...

Reactions: xxtsxx

deesto

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Gotta love the Auto-Root. It works like a champ.

My only suggestion would be to download the MR2 radio from XDA and flash that afterwards. That way, VZW doesn't try to push it to your phone... I almost had this happen to me last night...
Uh oh ... would you mind explaining this a bit GNUsNotUnix? I think I may have a similar problem, posted here about it and happened to see your post just afterward. Maybe I need to flash my radio too?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I should have been more specific. Any good tips for backing up application data when rooting the phone?

My backup pro is the best but it still doesn't back up a whole lot and does not do game data. Yoir best bet is to root the phone and just to start over but u only will have to do it once

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21