Reboot or Power off

rcmarks314

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the problem with my bolt rebooting several times a day. I took the phone to Verizon and I found an old update was missing. (guessing it was from the last update not the newest one) The clerk said the new update was to be here 07-20-11 needless to say it's still not here. Anyway I downloaded the old update and it helped. He also said he does a manual reboot daily. I do a manual reboot a couple times a week and the reboot problem seems to be gone. Should I use the reboot from the menu or turn off then turn back on? I've used both at different times and the result is still the same it works and I no longer have the auto reboot issue. Is one way better than the other or do they do the same thing? Or should I shut down and remove the battery,sim, and sd cards? Battery life is 40% or so everyday after 16 hours off the charger. I've done a lot of the battery saving tips posted here thanx to all who posted those.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
A restart and a pwr-down/pwr-up are about the same. But not quite. A lot like a PC has a restart option but a full shutdown is slightly different. Mainly, a full shutdown removes voltage from more components for a longer period of time, thereby clearing more "memory" held in capacitive components. That is why occasionally you'll see someone recommend to pwr down, pull the battery&sim, wait a few minutes and reinsert.

What should you do? Whatever you find works for you. If a restart works, stick with it, it's faster. Move to the slower methods if a restart doesn't do it. :)

-Frank

Reactions: rcmarks314

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol