Thunderbolt Voice Dialer sensitivity

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am having a very difficult time getting the Voice Dialer to reply correctly to the contact's name & number.
I thought that there used to be a setting to adjust the sensitivity for the voice dialers recognition of your commands. Does anyone know where to find the setting ?
Thanks
Harvey

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
There's a setting you can click to help improve the accuracy of the hands free recognition.

Press Menu > Settings > Voice input & output > voice recognizer settings and make sure the checkmark is green or on under "Personalized recognition."

This will allow the recognition software to improve itself in adapting to your specific speech and phrasing. The more you use it, the better it will work (in theory). If you only use this once or twice, it's useless. Please also know that if the device is far away from you and you're trying to give it voice commands, there will be problems with the translation as many variables can affect the sensitivity of the recognition.

I've also read of claims that if you turn on the HAC mode (hearing aid compatibility) it will help with voice recognition but it will also lower your media volume. Its found under Call Settings..... I have never tried or tested this before so I'm not sure how credible this is but if you like to, try it out and see if it helps.

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Cyber Warrior, When I went to that setting (heading Google voice recognition settings) there was only Language, SafeSearch, Block offensive words and Show hints no Personalized Recognition. I thought that there used to be the setting you mentioned. I am running ver 2.2.1 . Anyhow I am using a Blueant Q2 bluetooth and I just found that there is a sensitivity setting on the bluethooth. Helped the problem.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
From what I noticed with HTC devices that the voice command app doesn't work well because the mic isn't the best, my Droid X would pick me up perfectly from across the room because it had 3 mics.. If you are is a area with any noise you may nit have luck.