MSN/Yahoo Push email?

Sting23ray

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I used the Droid charge for a few days and the email app on it was doing push emails for all gmail, MSN and yahoo accounts. However, I cant seem to replicate that push on the thunderbolt email app.

Is it because of they are using different kind of email apps? Is it a manufacturer thing? Is there an app for Thunderbolt that will do push email?

Jeenyus

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The Gmail app has push, you'll need to turn on active sync with google services to get it. The HTC mail app you can add a yahoo account, but it checks your email every 5 mins so it's not "real" push

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have found the Maildroid app to work the best with yahoo. Better than the stock email and better than K9 email app. Specifically for getting your emails quick. It does what's called idle push which is not "true push" but close. Most emails come immediately. It doesn't poll or check for new emails every 5 or 10 minutes like some other apps. I recommend the Pro version but it's not cheap. So try the free version first. Especially if u want to have several email accounts in one email app. Oh and the developer is awesome at getting back to you right away if you have issues which is awesome. And he's always updating it which is great too. Hope this helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis