Front camera.

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I just used the front facing camera for the first time today and noticed that the pictures are mirrored instead of actual. It looks like I'm looking in a mirror, the lettering on my shirt is reversed.

Is this how it is supposed to work or is my rom glitching?

Thanks

Sent from BAMF'ed Thunderbolt with Sense 3.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Go under the Camera Settings and unclick the mirror mode setting. However, you will need to turn your phone onto the portrait side in order to take a picture in the correct orientation. If you try and take it in Landscape mode, it takes it upside down. Weird, just weird.

Reactions: lilyflower

lilyflower

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Go under the Camera Settings and unclick the mirror mode setting. However, you will need to turn your phone onto the portrait side in order to take a picture in the correct orientation. If you try and take it in Landscape mode, it takes it upside down. Weird, just weird.

Exactly what Mega said. I didn't know about this until I read it just now. Once you're on front camera mode, press on your menu button and scroll down to the "mirror" option and un-check it. I'm leaving it checked though since I don't like having the phone in portrait to use the camera.

Reactions: MegaSoundwave76

fretwire

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Web cams on computers do this too. I guess it's because it feels more natural looking at yourself on a screen that is mirrored because you're used to looking in a mirror that mirrors your image. The other person won't see the mirrored image in the camera, just you.

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Exactly what Mega said. I didn't know about this until I read it just now. Once you're on front camera mode, press on your menu button and scroll down to the "mirror" option and un-check it. I'm leaving it checked though since I don't like having the phone in portrait to use the camera.

Thanks lilyflower, I totally forgot that one important piece of information!

:D

Pennyw1se

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The MIRROR MODE setting is only available when switching to the front camera.

You need to scroll down on the same SETTINGS menu where you swap camera from rear (main) to front (secondary).
CAMERA -> MENU (SETTINGS) -> scroll down -> MIRROR MODE.

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm running CM7 and it's not there. I even went to see a friend's Thunderbolt who is running stock and we found the mirror mode on his but it is not there on CM7.

Thanks for all of the help.