Lags after Swiftkey X

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that SwiftKey uses a lot of RAM but have never personally experienced a problem with the phone lagging. With some of the SwiftKey betas this may have been more of a problem with occasional force closes or loss of some SwiftKey functionality. I think I've seen this once or twice, when I've been typing a long email or post and I've had to copy text to not risk losing it before closing and re-opening the app.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
For what it's worth, I've been using Swift Key (latest version) for about 2 weeks and haven't noticed any lag at all...quite the opposite now that I think about it.

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've encounter lag with swiftkey when typing too fast. It looks like when it is trying to guess a word, it gets hung up and I have to give it a second to catch up. Its getting annoying and may un-install.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
what app are you seening the lag in? i noticed on dolphin, sometimes it gets laggy even with the stock keyboard, and i shut down dolphin and go back into it and it's fine again.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I've encounter lag with swiftkey when typing too fast. It looks like when it is trying to guess a word, it gets hung up and I have to give it a second to catch up. Its getting annoying and may un-install.
They have two settings, one for slower, more precise typers who like to type as few keystrokes as possible and quickly choose from the suggestions offered by the AI prediction engine and another setting for those who like to type faster and use the prdictions less but might need more corrections. Which setting do you have selected? I don't understand exactly how the settings differ as I've only used the precise method because I like to type one handed in portrait mode a lot.

Thanks, Robrecht

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a lag occasionally when typing in the google search bar. I have always had a lag but it was not as bad when running SwiftKey beta x. It has gotten worse as of late.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Swift Key X for me is also lagging. As I type it pops up the letters like usual but it's always behind where I am and I end up taking longer to type so I'm not using it right now.

androidguy916

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the lag so I tried both settings. Neither one made any difference. The lag was so bad and my typing was way worse with SwiftKey that I had to disable it. I had a very difficult time typing with it. I may try it again to see if I can master it. I can type way faster on the stock keyboard. Maybe that's because I'm used to the stock keyboard.

Bill

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall