Thunderbolt is my new bff

grrump

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a TB after using og Droid for 2 years and I am absolutely blown away. I was waiting for the bionic bit with the way things are going I wonder if it will get pushed back again. Anyway I picked it up at best buy around 6 and by 9:30 I was deep in the rooting process. It was definatley a different process having to downgrade software then upgrade the radio, but worth it. I was running a liquid rom on my Droid so I picked the same for my TB. This thing is like a roided out Droid. I am fortunite to have 4g in my area, pushing 8.9 mpbs on the first test. My Droid was. .77 mpbs on 3g. I know I've only had it for less than 24 hours but Im glad I didn't wait for what might not have ever came (bionic). ROCK ON THUNDERBOLT.

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyb884

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
bf2y (Best friend for 2 years)

I too love this thing! The only thing I would add is a HDMI out but that's not a big deal. The TB owns!

SanxDiegoxSand

May 6, 2011
Visit site
i feel the same. came from the BB storm 1. (ik POS phone) but i love my thunderbolt. especially since verizon can only give me 1.5mbps in my area for my DSL and FIOS isn't available.

i get up to 22mbps daily.

I love my bolt despite the problems (no hdmi, no HD screen, horrible update timing)
plus the dev community is amazing.

best phone i've ever owned.

gaming09

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a TB after using og Droid for 2 years and I am absolutely blown away. I was waiting for the bionic bit with the way things are going I wonder if it will get pushed back again. Anyway I picked it up at best buy around 6 and by 9:30 I was deep in the rooting process. It was definatley a different process having to downgrade software then upgrade the radio, but worth it. I was running a liquid rom on my Droid so I picked the same for my TB. This thing is like a roided out Droid. I am fortunite to have 4g in my area, pushing 8.9 mpbs on the first test. My Droid was. .77 mpbs on 3g. I know I've only had it for less than 24 hours but Im glad I didn't wait for what might not have ever came (bionic). ROCK ON THUNDERBOLT.

I to came from an OG droid and love my tbolt, and with DREAMkernel ull get great battery life, but even so i suggest picking up the extended battery, granted i last a good 8-10 hours now with moderate-heavy usage with my extended battery i can get 15+ hrs of usage just a suggestion.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Try Speakeasy.net/speedtest. Should get much higher than the speedtest.net app. Don't know why, but I just get better results on it on GB. Froyo, the speedtest.net got better scores. I thought there was something wrong with the radio, but it may just be something with the app and GB.

grrump

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a try. Thanks. I have quite a bit of free time at work, the 4g makes the day go by so much faster. Almost too fast. I'm running out of stuff to look up. Haha

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome