Screen won't shut off

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just recently my TB screen stays on after the screen timeout has been met. It does dim down, however it will not shut completely off like before, and remains dimly lit. If I push the top power button it immediately shuts off like normal.

Any ideas? Should I uninstall some recently updated apps? By the way I am running the original software still. Still kind of waiting for the verdict on the recent upgrade.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Both on and off the charger for me

Danny do you remember what apps you may have upgraded in the last couple days? It has only been happening to me for 2 days and I am thinking maybe ii is an app that was upgraded.

Recently upgraded here is:
pandora
Spanish Translator
Amazon MP3
Weatherbug Elite
Settings Profile Lite
History Eraser
I-Smart Viewer
Poynt

Did you upgrade any of these or anything else? I may have missed a couple.

Last edited:

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Problem solved. It was the Pandora app even though it wasn't running. As soon as I installed screen shut off correctly. Did a restart and still working right. Guess I will have to leave Pandora off for now. Thanks guys.

Reactions: dannyb884

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well was gone, until I decided to try installing Pandora again. After reinstall I see there is a setting to keep lit when music is playing. I chose no (off). Well guess what. It stayed on dim anyway.

So I decided to uninstall again but now screen still stays on. So now what? Not sure what to do? Is anyone else having this problem? I have tried battery pulls and no luck. Have also checked settings but everything is ok. I hate to do a reset but was hoping someone out there has an easier solution.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Update. Once again fixed. I removed Pandora and after removed Settings Profile Lite and all is well. I am going to reinstall SPL and see what happens.
What a pain in the a**.

shribe

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Update. Once again fixed. I removed Pandora and after removed Settings Profile Lite and all is well. I am going to reinstall SPL and see what happens.
What a pain in the a**.
Same problem here, had it on my Thunderbolt, my wife's incredible 2 is doing the same thing.

gazeux

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah is happening to me too i thought it was my ROM, im using bamf remix 2.1 gonna try LT 2.4, see what happens.
Mine has been doing it for the last 2 days. Just stays dim. I haven't installed or updated anything since this this started. Very strange...

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well after removing several apps and trying to figure out what it is, I have found out that it only happens with my WI-FI turned on. As soon as i turn off wifi connection screens shuts down normally.

I am still thinking an updated app did this and maybe un-installing them isn't the answer. Maybe an install corrupted something. Still playing with it trying to avoid a reset, but apparently a reset isn't the answer. Very frustrating.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there a special setting in some hidden menu that will cause the screen to stay on dim when on wifi? I would rather check here then start the process with tech support, who will have me do all kinds of crazy things.

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well finally did the reset and all is cleared up. The only thing I can think of is that one of the apps corrupted a file during installation. Most of the time I do an update all when I have updates in the market. Maybe doing several at once created an installation problem. Not sure.

I have not reinstalled Pandora yet. This is one of the apps I removed, problem cleared, installed, problem came back and uninstalled again and problem stayed. Needless to say I don't know if this was the problem app. Settings Profile Lite is back installed and running OK. Hopefully it was just a glitch and won't come back.

With the screen stuck on I would have had 2 or 3 hours battery life. Boy would that have pi$$ed me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci