To Bolt Or Not To Bolt...

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Howdy folks...I have until Friday to either turn in my TBolt or do the until death or your 2-year contract do you part thing. I truly have enjoyed the TBolt and do believe it is Verizon's big gun. I must say that I am truly spoiled by 4g now and damn the battery issues!!! The phone is quirky, though. Here are some issues I have had...

The interface is hesitant at times, for lack of a better word. When coming off of a phone call or out of an application the interface becomes laggy and sticky. The information bar will not pull down, for example, until the phone finishes whatever it is doing. Then it runs fine.

When going into the application management screen, it takes quite a long time...compared to my old DInc...to register the applications list with the application icons. It also takes me a couple of attempts to move an application to the sd card.

And just the feeling that the phone doesn't multi-task very well. Isn't it supposed to?:-\

The other issue is I don't know what else I would get. My ladyfriend has the latest greatest Samsung Infuse (ATT) and it is a nice device, but for my money, not nearly the device the TBolt is. The LG? Nah...or the Charge? Nah...and I doubt the Moto phone will be out by Friday and I don't think I would want that phone.

I keep hearing all of the wonderful "root" stories, but am truly scared to death to attempt that option.

Does anyone else experience these things on their stock device? I did speak to VZ Tech and they say hold out for Gingerbread. We all know what that entails after waiting forever for Froyo. Any thoughts, pieces of advice, reasonable rants and/or suggestions are welcome.:confused:

I do like the phone, by the way.:cool:

Blessings...Steve

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
You've kinda answered your own question within the last paragraph when you ran down and discredited all the other major options. I personally have an i4 from VZW and love it..especially the clear screen.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
You've kinda answered your own question within the last paragraph when you ran down and discredited all the other major options. I personally have an i4 from VZW and love it..especially the clear screen.

I am not an IPhone guy, but I do love the fact that only one outfit makes it. :cool:

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Keep the bolt. Simultaneous voice and data over 3G is one reason I wouldn't get rid of it. It's the only VZW phone that does that. Great feature for when you're outside of 4G coverage.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That was a mistake. She realized that she was confused and meant the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tab.

Yeah, I got a little excitable and posted that before the update.

Bummer, too, if it winds up not being LTE. It'd sell like hotcakes.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I got a little excitable and posted that before the update.

Bummer, too, if it winds up not being LTE. It'd sell like hotcakes.

I can't just understand how anyone especially a Verizon employee could mix up the two. Some people deserve to be eaten by a tiger.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I can't just understand how anyone especially a Verizon employee could mix up the two. Some people deserve to be eaten by a tiger.
Have you talked to any VZW employees lately? They generally wouldn't know which way the wind was blowing in a hurricane if they were standing in the middle of one. How do you expect them to be able to keep track of releases? :D

tcorkum

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My recommendation.....I would keep the TB. I do not see anything coming down the road that would make me want to switch. Some of the hiccups that you see are going to happen with any phone running Android. I have had some reboot issues but nothing that would make me swap it out for a lesser featured phone. If and when 2.3 comes out it should help. However I will wait for them to bake it fully before putting it on my phone. As a side note- my son upgraded his DroidX to 2.3 and has nothing but issues, reboots lockups, keyboards no appearing and crazy battery drain.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Got carried away above :-[ I haven't had a lockup, reboot, shutdown or any other glitch since the MR2 update. I've currently got 262+ hours of up time since I switched batteries. I'm using the extended battery and have no complaints with the phone. The Bionic is new and will no doubt suffer the same growing pains the TB endured. Not interested in anything Samsung has to offer in a smartphone.

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
The "one outfit" theory does have merit. However, it also pretty much means the lowest common denominator. You choose.

-Frank

An argument can be made there. Narrowing down the "this one does this but that one does that but neither one can do what the other does" is a plus for the feeble minded, such as moi'.:confused:

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure I will hang with the TBolt. Just nothing else out there. Thanks for the input, folks. Plus you learn something new every day...didn't know you could do voice and data in 3G. There's a plus, for sure.

Blessings...Steve:D

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure I will hang with the TBolt. Just nothing else out there. Thanks for the input, folks. Plus you learn something new every day...didn't know you could do voice and data in 3G. There's a plus, for sure.

Blessings...Steve:D

YAY!

I have the notification bar not pulling down right away issue as well..but its usually when im switching between a bunch of apps getting notifications at the same time. I never really gave it much thought. i always just give it a sec and try a gain. ;)

Steve54

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
YAY!

I have the notification bar not pulling down right away issue as well..but its usually when im switching between a bunch of apps getting notifications at the same time. I never really gave it much thought. i always just give it a sec and try a gain. ;)

I may just root the bloody thing and be done with it. Of course, I said I would do that with my Incredible, and after the year just ended up getting a DInc2 because Asurion was out of the original and it went off to my sister, so I never did root the phone. We will see...O:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2