How many hours a day does your Thunderbolt get charged?

How many hours a day does your Thunderbolt get charged?

• Total voters

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw that my phone was charging for 538 minutes (almost 9 hours) today. When i mean charging, i mean positive charge, not just sitting on the charger, i.e. when the led is solid orange, not when it is green. you can check for power charge using a widget like battery monitor widget to log power draw, if it is positive then it is it is being charged.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I rarely plug the phone into the stock charger anymore. Instead I keep two standard batteries and one extended charged via a Seidio Multi Function Battery Charger and just swap out batteries as needed. Typically, a standard battery will last a full day, the extended 2-3 days. Less with heavier use of the phone. The standard batteries take about 2-3 hours to charge while the extended takes about 4-5 (either via the stock charger or the Multi Function Battery Charger).

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Once for the phone (with battery)
Once for the spare battery (at the same time over night on a dual charger)

So two batteries gets me through an entire day.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
On the stock battery it was 5-6.

Verizon gave me an extended battery free of charge so now it's 2-3 overnight and then I'm good all day.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the extended battery but rarely use it. I charge my phone at night, for about 7-8 hours. It is also charging anytime I'm in the car, because it's in the dock. I spend probably 90 minutes or 2 hours power day in the car.

jhimebau

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I place the TB on the charger at 21:00 hrs and remove it at 0400 hrs. I realize that how many hours the battery is actually charging is available but I have never paid attention. The extended battery keeps on going and going and going ...

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If I keep getting this kind battery life from my ROM...

snap20110726_183857.png

Then all I need is to put it on the charger while I'm sleeping... if that!!!

jstewart0131

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone goes from 0% to 100% using the stock charger and battery in 2.5 hours. I am averaging 15 hours between charges which for me is normally 100% down to 25-30% before i recharge. This is while running CM7 RC 1.3. I tried LTB 2.4 and was seeing even better battery life, but was having GPS issues.

I average over 200 work emails a day being pushed to the phone and use FB, G+, Tapatalk, etc on a regular basis during the day so even though I'm not streaming video or similar all day long I do put a good load on the phone IMO. I am using 4g all the time as well since my wifi at work blocks FB and a few other sites and my home wifi is the same speed as 4g so I just dont bother most times with it.

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine is new, and I haven't gotten the extended battery yet. Because I work in an office, I am able to bring my charger with me, and have one in the truck as well.

And - I use the crap out of these bugger; IheartRadio runs for 3 hours in the afternoon, so I try and keep it charged up when that's running at least.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure how long it actually charges for..but I plug it in before i go to bed and unplug it when i get up. so 7-8 hours + 20min to 45min extra in my car when I go get coffee at night if its in the yellow :p