I have searched around for this and finally decided to just post and ask. What I want is for the phone to suggest words that I am trying to type but NOT automatically insert them when I press the space bar. This has been driving me absolutely crazy. I go back and look at a text or email that I sent and it is filled with random words that the phone guessed at and I didn't catch it in the proof read. I turned off auto-correct but then it just sends whatever mistakes I type. When you try and type anything in shorthand you have to go up and force it to accept it otherwise it replaces it with its best guess.

Any ideas?
    07-28-2011 03:09 PM
    I can see no one has really attempted to answer this... but you are really not giving anyone enough information to go by... such as what keyboard you are talking about???

If you had SwiftKey X keyboard... which is a really nice keyboard by the way... I'd say go into the app drawer, open SwiftKey X > Advanced > Spacebar will... > change it to "always insert a space"

Plus SwiftKey X learns as you type... it learns what words you use... and even learns new words or acronyms you might use.
    07-29-2011 06:42 AM
    I can see no one has really attempted to answer this... but you are really not giving anyone enough information to go by... such as what keyboard you are talking about???

If you had SwiftKey X keyboard... which is a really nice keyboard by the way... I'd say go into the app drawer, open SwiftKey X > Advanced > Spacebar will... > change it to "always insert a space"

Plus SwiftKey X learns as you type... it learns what words you use... and even learns new words or acronyms you might use.
    +1
    07-29-2011 07:50 AM
    I was trying to remember how to do that in SwiftKey the other day. Thanks fatboy.
    07-31-2011 11:49 PM
    I can see no one has really attempted to answer this... but you are really not giving anyone enough information to go by... such as what keyboard you are talking about???.
    I think it is safe to assume it is the stock keyboard when no other app is mentioned. I once asked the same question. I think htc was pretty stupid not to include this basic option.

I installed smart keyboard and it can be set in this app. I bet 9 out of 10 keyboard apps have this basic option. Motorola put it in the droid 1.
    08-01-2011 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD