Ibdont find forced closes that big a deal but I do get ten times as many in tb as d1. Almost all mybapps have occasional force closes esp. Tapatalk.
    07-29-2011 04:42 PM
    Did you open Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Tapatalk > push the "Clear data" and "Clear cache" buttons... then try it again???
    07-29-2011 04:57 PM
    Sounds like time for a master reset! Not sure why, but I have yet to experience one force close on my Thunderbolt.
    07-29-2011 05:06 PM
    Are your apps updated? I had a few of them and opened the market and noticed the same FC apps needed to be updated.
    07-29-2011 05:32 PM
    Did you open Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All tab > Tapatalk > push the "Clear data" and "Clear cache" buttons... then try it again???
    I have several favs in tapatalk. If I clear cashe will I lose favs and their passwords? Pita to do that.
    07-29-2011 05:33 PM
    I have several favs in tapatalk. If I clear cashe will I lose favs and their passwords? Pita to do that.
    Yes you will loose your passwords and favs... so either do it, or live with the force close. My guess is something is corrupt in the apps data section which is causing the force closes. This usually fixes the issue.. there is no guarantee, but like I said either that or live with the force closes.
    07-29-2011 05:49 PM
    I just did it with Tapatalk and didn't really lose anything. After clearing cache and data, then force closing, when I re-entered Tapatalk all I had to do was to "Browse" for the forum site again, after reaching the forum simply login, and all my previous favorites were already there.

I did find that Howard Forums recently made a change in their VZW/HTC/Android forum structure which resulted Tapatalk force closing when I clicked on a non-existent forum fav (or one that had changed path, I dunno...). I removed that favorite link, recreated it at its new location, and all was well.

Because of other occasional Tapatalk force closures, I decided to do this just now. Time will tell if it makes a difference. My favs came back on both AC and HF.

Personally I think think this is a Tapatalk issue only. Not bad though, only occasionally. Funny too. usually happens when I post. I get a force close message, but then when I check, the app does not really force close, it just goes back one screen as if I had hit the return key. Then, when I check the forum, my post did in fact post fine. So, I don't know why it might have thrown an error.

-Frank
    07-29-2011 05:57 PM
    Same exact scenario with tapatalk here but I often get force closes in media apps also. I suspect it is because of.momentary data signal loss. If so nothing I do will help. Tapatalk sounds like the issue is within the app itself.
    07-29-2011 06:28 PM
    Doing the procedure fixed my similar issues:
    Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC4 BAMF RC4.9–Rosie redraws

I was having FC's like mad and a bunch of rosie re-draws. It seems to work with several different GB ROMS.
    07-29-2011 06:43 PM
    I'm stock.
    07-29-2011 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD