What's the deal with 4G LTE and Gingerbread?

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Let's face it, Verizon is going to be very careful about rolling out GB after all the reboot complaints until MR2 rolled out. Not to mention, no matter what HTC does, Big Red can't help themselves but to get in there and make sure they load up the OS with overpriced craptastic bloatware. No OS will be released until all their stuff will run on it.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The most recent gb leak is very stable and has no battery issues. if HTC and vzw weren't screwing around then the masses would also have gb.

bulldogmoe7

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
my 4G LTE thunderbolt running GB works GREAT!!! love GB oh yea i am rooted by the way. all i can say is take control of your phone and root. SOOOOO many options when you do. dont let verizon control this.
battery is better, runs smoother, customizable rid of bloatware etc.

NotAnotherSN92

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, the only reason I want GB is so I can have Skype with video integration. Otherwise, I see very little appeal on the End-User side of things.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, it was said that GB would be here at the end of Q2 - that didn't happen.

It was then said it would be here the end of July or August - right about now I'd say end of August has a better shot at being right. :)

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, it was said that GB would be here at the end of Q2 - that didn't happen.

It was then said it would be here the end of July or August - right about now I'd say end of August has a better shot at being right. :)
Who said it would be here at the end of July?

Thanks, Robrecht

Simace

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Lots of comments about a "new gingerbread leak", can anyone point me to it? I've been away from the forums for a while.

Also, for any currently running this new leak; is root avail? tun.ko? Reason I ask is I need VPN to a Cisco firewall using group authentication. On Froyo, I use VPNC+Tun.ko+rooted in order to accomplish this.

Thanks

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. More reliable sources (based on past record & verified access to leaks) were certainly not expecting it so soon.

I know, the internet (blogs and forums included) are the best place for misinformation.

Did you here the one about Verizon skipping GB all together and going straight to ICS? "They" say it will happen Q4 2011......Q4 2012 for Thunderbolt. ;)

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Lots of comments about a "new gingerbread leak", can anyone point me to it? I've been away from the forums for a while.

Also, for any currently running this new leak; is root avail? tun.ko? Reason I ask is I need VPN to a Cisco firewall using group authentication. On Froyo, I use VPNC+Tun.ko+rooted in order to accomplish this.

Thanks

so far, the only way to get the leak is by using Gingeritis ROM. Its silky smooth.

Reactions: Simace

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

the new roms/radio based on the latest gingerbread leak can be found at themikmik.com under android development section for thunderbolt.
(these particular roms are gingeritis 1.2 and gingeritis 3d betas)

you would have to root first, then flash one of their roms built off the new base, as well as either the new radio supplied from this leak, or one of the other mr2+ radios that are available.

as for tun.ko, i have no idea if it works bc i've never used it, but there is a tun.ko thread in the rooting section here (you could search the forums for it) which could probably supply you with some good info.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513