Skype Now Available!!!

fadepoint89

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I just checked the release notes for Skype on the android market and the thunderbolt is now supported. I'm rooted with a custom rom so someone should test this.......

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Sweet, all these apps that were supposed to work at launch are finally out. Guess they decided to stop waiting for Gingerbread to support the Thunderbolt.

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Glad they finally decided to include the Tbolt. Tried a few leaks yesterday to get it to work between my phone and my Sis Evo 4G, to no avail. Then to wake up this morning and saw that there was an update that includes both phones, sweet. I'm rooted and running Gingeritis 3D. My sis lives in a different time zone, so I haven't had a chance to test it as yet.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Good day to have a ROOTED Bolt running a Gingerbread ROM... just another reason to Root your phone and load a good Gingerbread ROM... I'm rocking the CM7 rc1.4 (AOSP Gingerbread) ROM.

Reactions: SpaceHippie

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see that Verizon is sloooooowly getting Skype video to work with MR2 but without access to the front camera ( why would they even release it that way ) it is hard to understand their thought process. Hopefully it is an indication that they "might" release one that will work correctly:confused:

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see that Verizon is sloooooowly getting Skype video to work with MR2 but without access to the front camera ( why would they even release it that way ) it is hard to understand their thought process. Hopefully it is an indication that they "might" release one that will work correctly:confused:

its a limit of froyo....once GB hits it should fix that, again the reason the front camera does not work is because of froyo, not VZW or Skype(well VZW because they haven't been able to help push out GB, but I guess that would be more HTC, anyways..)continue on...

Reactions: u7mg0

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
its a limit of froyo....once GB hits it should fix that, again the reason the front camera does not work is because of froyo, not VZW or Skype(well VZW because they haven't been able to help push out GB, but I guess that would be more HTC, anyways..)continue on...

I must be missing something here. How can it be "a limitation in Froyo" if it was working before with Froyo. We had it working on our Tbolts until Verizon changed something in MR2. What is the front facing camera on our T-bolts for..self portraits? How about all the commercials showing people video conferencing with the FFC? This is one of many embarrassments for HTC and Verizon for the Tboltand another frustration for its owners. I am just worried that HTC/Verizon is going to hit the point they chalk up their losses on developing the Tbolt into the device it should have been and abandon it. The only good point is if that happens, there is enough that is documented as being wrong with the Tbolt that one can generally force an early upgrade to another device.

Reactions: phoenixone

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I must be missing something here. How can it be "a limitation in Froyo" if it was working before with Froyo. We had it working on our Tbolts until Verizon changed something in MR2. What is the front facing camera on our T-bolts for..self portraits? How about all the commercials showing people video conferencing with the FFC? This is one of many embarrassments for HTC and Verizon for the Tboltand another frustration for its owners. I am just worried that HTC/Verizon is going to hit the point they chalk up their losses on developing the Tbolt into the device it should have been and abandon it. The only good point is if that happens, there is enough that is documented as being wrong with the Tbolt that one can generally force an early upgrade to another device.

yes the front facing part is a limit of froyo, I have read it on multiple sites, I dont know the details, I am not a software engineer, so I can not tell you, but something with the way froyo handles the the FFC

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Its absolutely ludacris that they are trying to play it off like its a limitation of Froyo... So many other apps use the front camera without a hitch, not to mention THE DAMN LEAKED VERSION CAN USE THE FRONT CAMERA JUST FINE!!! Irritating.

Reactions: phoenixone

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed it because I want to have the latest release on my phone so that it will be updated in the Market when the time comes. Also, since the front camera will work in the next month or so when GB comes.

Note: This new ThunderBolt video capable version is called, simply, "Skype". If you've already installed "Skype Mobile", this will install alongside it. You should probably delete the "Skype Mobile" since it is redundant and confusing to see them both there with the same icon but different names.

gwtiff54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Won't be long and Gingerbread will be here for us non rooted bolt owners. I think this will help out. I would like to take the plunge and root so I could have Gingerbread but I'm a scardy cat. :p