4G on in NW ARKANSAS

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I live in the the Rogers-Springdale-Fayetteville Ar. area (Go Razorbacks) and around about 40 minutes ago, 5am, my phone starts showing the 4G LTE signal. Just did a test and I got 10mbs dl and 3mbps ul. I'm sure this is a test but I'm crossing my fingers it stays on. Anybody in this area or any other city since I think they test more than one city at a time, notice this??

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah post what u find. I was wanting to go down to Dallas too check out 4G but I haven't had the time. Of and by the way, LTE is still on in my area so I'm guessing its permanent.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
How in the world is NW Ark. getting LTE before Little Rock? NWA and Memphis are getting it this month, but not LR? What's going on, VZ? Visiting DFW, L.A., San Diego, and Phoenix areas have me spoiled over the past several weeks (was on vacation). :p

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
How in the world is NW Ark. getting LTE before Little Rock? NWA and Memphis are getting it this month, but not LR? What's going on, VZ? Visiting DFW, L.A., San Diego, and Phoenix areas have me spoiled over the past several weeks (was on vacation). :p

Haha, believe me, I was surprised also but I asked the saleswoman who sold me the phone that VZW is releasing 4G by how big their market is in areas. I'm guessing VZW sells more smartphones up here (per capita I assume) than in Little Rock. Also, whatever information a verizon salesperson gave me was loosely worded (of course) so take it for what it is.

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm in memphis, we were scheduled to be covered with 4g on the 18th, but it activated all over today....I'm overly pleased..

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome, Memphis is another city I go visit, mostly during the summer on my way to Bonnaroo. Looks like I'm gonna need a bigger battery for sure then for next year! :D

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I bet it has something to do with with Walmart.

Yeah, we have a lot of business with offices here too and they all work with Walmart in some way and our community is wealthy for the majority. That's a lot of influence for VZW. This is all my speculation of course.

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Haha, believe me, I was surprised also but I asked the saleswoman who sold me the phone that VZW is releasing 4G by how big their market is in areas. I'm guessing VZW sells more smartphones up here (per capita I assume) than in Little Rock. Also, whatever information a verizon salesperson gave me was loosely worded (of course) so take it for what it is.

Could be. See, if they hadn't said that LR would be launched by the end of the first half of this year, it wouldn't have bothered me as much. We're already into the second month of 2nd half/3rd quarter, still nothing. I hope when LR is lit up, many surrounding areas will be included, too. I honestly don't expect my community to get lit up until next year at the earliest.

unw1red

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I live in Bentonville and noticed it on Friday as well. I got 18Mbps/9Mbps! I know it will degrade over time, but I'm loving it. I was in Ft. Smith yesterday and still had 3G only.

unw1red

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It has to do with half a million people living here. The Little Rock area is the same size and less affluent.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

tim242

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
It has to do with half a million people living here. The Little Rock area is the same size and less affluent.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Actually, Little Rock metro has 800,000. There is a lot more business, especially medical, around LR. None of that has anything to do with who gets it first. It depends on when their suppliers get the backhaul in place. Little Rock was scheduled for 1st half of the year, while NWA was for last half. Little Rock's coverage will be much larger, and the backhaul is taking longer than expected.