Friendstream not showing all updates

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So been using the facebook app for awhile, but figure I give Friendstream a try. The problem I'm having is that while I'm getting new updates, it absolutely doesn't show all updates. I go to my wife or friends profile wall in Friendstream and don't see posts they made like 4 hours ago... But I see other updates from other people in recent news from 4 minutes ago.

I've cleared cache, removed my facebook account and readded it... Even restarted phone. Doesn't seem to help.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You can try removing the Friendstream widget and then clearing the data for Facebook for HTC, Facebook, Friendstream and rebooting the phone... add back the widget.

There have always been bugs with the Facebook app... they can never seem to get things working correctly which is why I don't even bother with it anymore. Another thing to keep in mind is that your Google Contacts stores info about your FB Contacts. You can try deleting the info and letting the contacts resync. On your browser, if you go into the Gmail account and then to Contacts... each contact has an area called "notes" which Facebook uses to store information.. you can try deleting the info.
I had this problem when switching from the Facebook app to the Facebook for HTC app. Contacts were not refreshing correctly because of the tagged info stored in the notes of the contacts.

I've never used Friendstream but I've also read that Twitter will sometimes interfere with the app. You might want to try another all in one social networking app from the market. Again though.. the problem is with Facebooks inability to put out a fully functional working app that doest have bugs.

acbanner.jpg

| General Help and How To | Tips & Tricks | Forum Guidelines |

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7