After MR2 update, touchscreen not as responsive

kmichael

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an issue where after updating with the MR2 OTA, the touchscreen is less responsive. My TB was working fine, and I rejected the first OTA that came out in April/May due to all the issues that people were mentioning. However with MR2, every day I would get a notice that the update was being downloaded, but I would then reject it.

After two weeks of this I gave in and updated the phone (i knew skype was going to stop working, should have never gave in), now the touchscreen is less responsive, before I could fly thru my phone. Now when i swipe to unlock the phone, sometimes the swipe bar gets stuck at the bottom of the screen and I have to wait 10 seconds for the phone to recover. If I am on a website and I attempt to move the page down to continue reading, the display does not move or it tries to open a new window, or if I am adding a new contact in and I move the page down to add the person's email address, the entire screen will start moving back and forth at a quick rate, the only way to resolve is to turn the phone off (not complete power off) and then turn back on. Any idea how to resolve this?

I tried removing the battery and SIM card for 3 mins and then reinsert, but touchscreen is still flaky. The phone was working pretty much fine until this update. Any ideas or should I just hope that the GB update will fix this?

One last question - in regards to the OTA, if my phone had continued to download the OTA every day and prompt me to install, if I had continued to reject the install - Would the download have taken up more space with each download? hopefully I am explaining this correctly. I'm curious would the download had overwritten the previous day's download or would it have added an additional file every day to my phone's internal storage. This was one reason why I gave in to the update - I was thinking that perhaps in my phone's internal storage I had all these downloads taking up space. I tried checking the phone's file system but because it is not rooted could not figure out where the downloaded OTA was saved to.

Thanks in advance for any help!

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I think whatever is going on with your phone is not the result of the OTA. And no, rejecting the OTA would not have changed the size of the download when you eventually installed it.

I guess you could have an incompatible app though.

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk