I'll have a few different contacts in my Message list, and when I send a message to a particular person, it will suddenly send to someone else in my Message list. If I'm sending a message to Person 1, Person 2 will receive it and sometimes, this can be an awkward thing. Is anyone else having this problem, or know how I can prevent this from happening again without having to delete my messages every time I get one?
    08-07-2011 06:16 PM
    This is a known issue with froyo. Consider using a 3rd party app like Go SMS.
    08-07-2011 07:06 PM
    It's a known issue with Froyo. If you're rooted, you can try a Gingerbread ROM. You can also use a free third-party app like Go SMS or Handcent.

Sent using Tapatalk
    08-07-2011 08:13 PM
    I've never had this problem with my phone but I keep my message strings limited in size, less than 200. I think that is when people start running into problems with the stock message app when they have too many messages built up.
    08-07-2011 08:59 PM
    This same thing happens to me a lot.. usually when I am just replying to a text which should be pretty simple. Next thing I know it goes to someone at random. So annoying hopefully when 2.3 comes out this will fix this issue
    08-09-2011 11:10 AM
    this is happening on my nexus galaxy...its so embarrassing that the latest and greatest phone cant even be used for texting....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    12-21-2011 04:01 AM
    this is happening on my nexus galaxy...its so embarrassing that the latest and greatest phone cant even be used for texting....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Strange. VZW/HTC fixed this issue on the ThunderBolt with the release of Gingerbread (and an updated Sense) a couple of months ago.

-Frank
    12-21-2011 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD