Market question

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If I installed the leaked market apk and then un installed the updates would that stop me from getting the official market update?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
to be honest... the leaked market is the same. I don't see why you would get the update if your phone recognizes that you already have 3.0.27. i could be wrong so don't quote me ;)

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
to be honest... the leaked market is the same. I don't see why you would get the update if your phone recognizes that you already have 3.0.27. i could be wrong so don't quote me ;)

It depends. The original leaked version of the market is a different version than the official version, though there is an apk for the more current version as well.

NavasC

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Does that mean that I need to uninstall the leaked one before I can get the official one?

If you have the leaked one and they eventually make an update, your Market app should update accordingly. If you install the leaked one, it should be the same as running the official one. Just like the Android market checks for updates for your regular apps, eventually the phone will check the market version to the newest Market version (whenever another update is pushed, that is) and overwrite your "leaked" Market app.

I am running off an APK file from my dad's phone who got the official market update. I backed it up to an APK and sent it to my phone to get the update, and I've had no adverse effects from it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie