Thunderbolt keeps restarting itself

shley00

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I got a new phone through insurance and ever since then it keeps restarting itself over and over for no reason. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what is the resolution? Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sublimize

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had this phone for about a month, had the same issue 2 weeks in. Verizon had me do a hard factory reset as well. That (besides erasing everything I had accrued to that point including apps and customizations) seemed to fix it... for about 2 more weeks. Started happening again. Can't make calls, can't text, can't use internet, reboots randomly on average once an hour but sometimes 4 times in 10 minutes, you never can tell. I have factory reset it 4 times now, but its still doing the same thing. Please, does anyone have any answers to this?!:mad:

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had this phone for about a month, had the same issue 2 weeks in. Verizon had me do a hard factory reset as well. That (besides erasing everything I had accrued to that point including apps and customizations) seemed to fix it... for about 2 more weeks. Started happening again. Can't make calls, can't text, can't use internet, reboots randomly on average once an hour but sometimes 4 times in 10 minutes, you never can tell. I have factory reset it 4 times now, but its still doing the same thing. Please, does anyone have any answers to this?!:mad:

Yes, the answer is simple. Call Verizon and get a replacement. That is not normal. Even when there was a pretty widespread problem with reboots after MR1 I dont think anyone's phones rebooted that much.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
THanks, I will try that.

And VZW will send you a CLNR (certified like new replacement), now, no matter that when you bought the TB you paid for a NEW phone, and you can hope that the CLNR will not have the same problem as the one its replacing. Mine did, new (sort of) phone, same old problem. As much as I loved the TB when it was new and working, I've learned to hate this phone more than any other that I have ever used and that's been about 15 years of cell phone use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol