Tasker uses

ETW11

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This app has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, you discover amazong things the app can do. I thought maybe people who have created some neat tasks or could use some help could post in this thread.

For as much as I have enjoyed this app, I find myself perplexed by something I assume everyone would do with Tasker immediately and that is to automatically control wifi with it (to turn on wifi when near my home network and off when away from it). I have tried a few different configurations with no luck. My current setup, which would seem to work, is as follows:

Location: Get fix, which locates me within 65 meters. I then set the radius to 100 meters.
Net: wifi set on. For the exit task, I set wifi off.

Does anyone know why this setup would not work or if you have a setup that works, could you please share it? I really appreciate any help anyone can offer.

mrmoe110

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I take it you're trying to get it to connect to your wifi when you're in range? I don't know if your setup would work but I have a profile working that does exactly that. When I pull into my driveway my wifi turns on and connects and disconnects and turns off when I leave. It's really kinda neat when it first happens. Here's the link to the how-to: http://tasker.wikidot.com/yanawa

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ETW11

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I use wifi near context to identify when I'm at home. Tasker turns on wifi connects to my network, sets ringtone/notification volume, screen brightness and timeout.

I have Tasker toggle wifi on every 10 minutes.

I have a profile that automatically checks me in to Foursquare based on location and a calendar entry. It worked the first 2 times but stopped after that. I've removed the location context to see if the calendar entry would trigger it. The calendar entry triggers all other tasks (silence phone, etc) but doesn't check in to Foursquare. I'm trying to set a variable with the VID of the location so that I only have 1 task to perform the check in regardless of which location I'm at. It's just not working with the variable. :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stark