I feel locked down.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I just feel like I'm locked down. I used to love switching to different phones day to day, but since the 4G sim card retires (supposedly) as soon as you activate another phone, I don't wanna have to hassle of going to Verizon every day to get a new one. I love playing with my OG Droid, Incredible, Devour (sorry), and Eris, but I would want to switch back to my TB every other day. Ugh.

Vent, over.

Sorry if I wasted your time.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
From this forum. Some people said, from their experience, that the SIM would retire immediately, while a person said 2 days, even though it's supposed to be thirty. I'll call VZW tomorrow. I love this phone. But I love having toys :)

cerktman

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you on this. I feel they need to extend the actual SIM deactivation to 30 days.

I've had my TBolt about a month and have to get 3 new SIM cards from Verizon, as I would switch back to my iPhone every once in a while.

In my experience, the SIM card would deactivate within 24 hours. I would make the change through the online activation and I would get a message when doing so that the SIM would become inactive within 24 hours. And it did.

When asking the Verizon store reps about this, they had no idea it deactivated so quickly. I asked if I could get a handful of SIM cards so I wouldn't have to come to the store frequently and they told me they could only give out one at a time.

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Once again, I just like having toys. Haha. It might just be a nerd thing. The TB is obviously the best, but I like keeping a fresh and new feeling about my phone by switching back and forth, using different phones in different ways, having different main screens, roms, etc.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
How's this for a guess (I know you didn't want guesses, but I can't help myself :) ). If you deactivate a SIM it won't be retired until 30 days by default. But if you chose to activate another device on that same line, then it will be deactivated lickity-split (technical term).

-Frank

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I feel the exact same way. And what makes it even worse is the severe lack of LTE devices. We're stuck until it becomes the standard.

But I so wish I can just pop that sim into my OG droid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36