Skype has No front cam access with froyo...

JQRS

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Then someone please explain how qik has access... And with skype owning qik, how can they say this!?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Discussed many times already, skype with ffc works with original or mr1 software and the leaked skype with the security leak. The hacked skype works with gb. There is no skype with ffc for the mr2, which is what it sounds like you have, so your opinion would be to root then install a mr1 or gb rom.

JQRS

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Not really what I'm saying. I'm stating that Skype owns qik. Qik can do something on all these radios that Skype says is not possible due to Androind 2.2 etc...That doesn't make any logical sense.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not really what I'm saying. I'm stating that Skype owns qik. Qik can do something on all these radios that Skype says is not possible due to Androind 2.2 etc...That doesn't make any logical sense.

yes, i know qik works and skype owns qik, that's been discussed in previous threads as well.

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
It is clearly possible from a technical standpoint for Skype to create a version of their program that will work in Froyo on the ThunderBolt, but Skype has apparently decided not to do so. One possible explanation is that Skype may just have decided they were not going to spend the time, energy, and money to design multiple versions of their program for lots of different Android phones and operating systems. Instead, they limited their costs and work by simply designing one generic Android version that should work fine for everyone on Android once the users have Gingerbread installed on their phones.

The fact that Skype has specifically included the ThunderBolt on the approved list for this latest version may actually be the strongest circumstantial evidence we have received so far that Gingerbread is in fact coming to the ThunderBolt in the relatively near future. HTC and Verizon probably assured Skype that the Gingerbread update would be released any day, so Skype released this version of their program for the ThunderBolt assuming Gingerbread would quickly follow. The timing suggests that HTC and Verizon may then have encountered unanticipated complications that delayed their release of the official version of Gingerbread for the ThunderBolt beyond the date they told Skype. Let's just hope Gingerbread arrives soon! :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
you can currently download the official signed gb ruu (even non-rooted users can download and install it) and you should be able to use the verision to have ffc on skype.