MicroSD mind erased

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, this isn't so much a phone question as it is, just a android device question.
I have a Nook Color running the CM7 off of the microSD card, and it's been working smoothly for months. Just a couple of days ago, I cut the NC on and my microSD card was completely erased (unrecognizable), which meant the NC was operating off of it's original software (sucks). I figured that I'd have to reformat the card, and load CM7 back on there, but the microSD card now freezes up my laptop everytime I connect the two. It's a 3 year old 8GB Sandisk. I've ordered another SD card, but my question is:
Has anyone experienced this with their microSD card on their phone or tablet, and is it too far gone to save it or somehow reformat it?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You should run a Check Disk on the SD card... if you can connect it to your PC... otherwise format it.

I had one issue with mine, but after I ran check disk with fix and scan every sector it has worked perfectly since.

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm completely baffled. I tried reformatting it, but it will completely freeze my laptop and/or any application (WinImage, WinRar) that I try opening it or formatting it with.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm completely baffled. I tried reformatting it, but it will completely freeze my laptop and/or any application (WinImage, WinRar) that I try opening it or formatting it with.
Try another computer.

You're trying to open it or format it with WinRar? Winimage?

-Frank

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
For the past couple days your thread title has cracked me up and I just have to post this. I keep on thinking of your SD card just going senile and wandering around giving people the bird and yelling at mailboxes.

So thank you sir and I apologize for not being the least bit helpful.:D

dccapo

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You are very welcome. I figure in forums, one should at least be entertaining, if not informative.
AND its okay... I pretty much gave up on the sd card, cause it's not responding to anything.

Sent via TapaTalk on my HTC Thunderbolt. Yep...that just happened ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC