new Gingerbread ruu 2.11. on xda

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I think it's a big deal too. I doubt they'll release the OTA before this is fixed. I wonder if it's fixed in 2.11?

-Frank

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE using Tapatalk

I scimmed the XDA thread and someone over there said its still broken. Kind of weird how they keep overlooking that.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Well I was prepared to load 2.10 tonight.... The 32GB class 4 MicroSD card that had come with my TBolt had failed a while back. Been using 16GB class 6 from my BB's.... decided once I was loading ROMs it was time to step up to 32GB class 10... came in this afternoon. Had a meeting tonight. 2.11 was d/l while I was gone. Time to back the 16GB up to the new 32GB. I was able to repair the original 32GB this afternoon, but I'm not sure I trust it. Also it's the slowest I own... Then it's time to load 2.11...

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I use Google Voice for everything so I never noticed that voicemail bug. I've used both 2.07 and 2.10 and GV works fine with both. Setting up GV with 2.07 was a little rough. With 2.10, it went more smoothly.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Has nobody heard of YouMail? Works with 2.07, 2.10 and i would assume 2.11... but I'm not going to run it until there is an adrenalyn BAmF edition.

Edit: nevermind, he already patched it.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to dial in, just click on the voice mail icon and it will tell you if you have a voicemail. The only thing that doesn't happen is the notification on the notification bar. This 2.10 build seems pretty solid so far.

You could also just look at the voicemail app icon if you still have it on your home screen. I removed mine as it's kind of redundant with the notification bar. But in either case, that all requires sliding the lock bar down and in my case entering a PIN if it's been over 15 min of inactivity to unlock the phone. Versus just hitting the power button and looking at the notification bar. I know it sounds lame, but to me this a core function of the notification bar and SHOULD work! :)

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
this a core function of the notification bar and SHOULD work! :)
Core function, indeed. Can you imagine the ThunderBolt being the only phone in existence, including dumb phones, that doesn't support Verizon's voicemail notification? Gimmee a break. No one should be making excuses for this. It's shoddy, period. They'll never release without it. VZW wouldn't let them anyway.

-Frank

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Has nobody heard of YouMail? Works with 2.07, 2.10 and i would assume 2.11... but I'm not going to run it until there is an adrenalyn BAmF edition.

Edit: nevermind, he already patched it.

Free app only allows 2 minute messages. That's not enough time. Paid app costs money for what Verizon gives us as part of our package. I would love to see vm translated into text but there would be a lot of jargon in my messages that I seriously doubt it could translate accurately. I have no desire to see callers nor be seen by them so vvm doesn't interest me. Some of the reviews mentioned slowing down the phone. My phone is buggy enough. I wish the accurate audio to text vm conversion WERE possible. I hate calling to listen to voicemai. It takes forever when I'm busy.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Free app only allows 2 minute messages. That's not enough time. Paid app costs money for what Verizon gives us as part of our package. I would love to see vm translated into text but there would be a lot of jargon in my messages that I seriously doubt it could translate accurately. I have no desire to see callers nor be seen by them so vvm doesn't interest me. Some of the reviews mentioned slowing down the phone. My phone is buggy enough. I wish the accurate audio to text vm conversion WERE possible. I hate calling to listen to voicemai. It takes forever when I'm busy.

OK, you don't know what VVM is, not your fault, the name is confusing. Visual Voice Mail isn't video messages from the other person. Visual voicemail means the messages are downloaded individually and you could SEE before listening to them who they are from, as well as listen to them out of order, not as they came in. This app does not slow down my phone. I am running a stock HTC kernel (as the kernel source code for .207, .210, or .211 have been released for obvious reason). I don't use the voice to text... if I wanted to do that, google voice is free and does it OK, not great, but I can generally get the gist of any message.

Visual Voicemail Wiki

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Core function, indeed. Can you imagine the ThunderBolt being the only phone in existence, including dumb phones, that doesn't support Verizon's voicemail notification? Gimmee a break. No one should be making excuses for this. It's shoddy, period. They'll never release without it. VZW wouldn't let them anyway.

-Frank

There is already such a phone that never has supported Verizon voicemail notification...

*cough* iPhone *cough*

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My voicemail notification seems to be working. It shows and clears. Other than that it was easier to get My VZW/NFL Mobile to allow sign in... only took an hour or so,,, better than three days under 2.07... Go SMS Pro notification is having an issue. First one is silent, but follow-up sounds off. When I hit "test" it's works. When I receive text it doesn't make a sound.... changed sounds couple of times same result.... going to uninstall /reinstall Go SMS

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for what is probably a silly question, but I've never considered doing this before...

Are these new GB radios (radios only) compatible with a stock build non-rooted Froyo MR2?

I've heard talk about installing only radios on a non-rooted device, so I wondered.

-Frank

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for what is probably a silly question, but I've never considered doing this before...

Are these new GB radios (radios only) compatible with a stock build non-rooted Froyo MR2?

I've heard talk about installing only radios on a non-rooted device, so I wondered.

-Frank

Anthony2558 is the only one listing ROM as stock that has flashed the new CDMA and LTE radios... other are thinking about it. Most who have are rooted.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...b-1-48-00-0817r-cdma-0-01-78-0802w_3-lte.html

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
OK, you don't know what VVM is, not your fault, the name is confusing. Visual Voice Mail isn't video messages from the other person. Visual voicemail means the messages are downloaded individually and you could SEE before listening to them who they are from, as well as listen to them out of order, not as they came in. This app does not slow down my phone. I am running a stock HTC kernel (as the kernel source code for .207, .210, or .211 have been released for obvious reason). I don't use the voice to text... if I wanted to do that, google voice is free and does it OK, not great, but I can generally get the gist of any message.

Visual Voicemail Wiki

Thanks for the explanation (duh) but why would I want to limit people.to 2 minute.messages?

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Anthony2558 is the only one listing ROM as stock that has flashed the new CDMA and LTE radios... other are thinking about it. Most who have are rooted.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/th...b-1-48-00-0817r-cdma-0-01-78-0802w_3-lte.html

Im sorry... Im rooted and running a debloated ROM Just never updated my info i'll do that now..

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

-Frank

I'm not sure they would be, however one thing I will say is that from what I noticed, 2.07's radio seems to be the best. The MR2 radio worked fine, but on booting up on a fast boot, it could take 20-30 seconds to acquire a 4G connection. The 2.07 build seemed to acquire 4G signal within 5 seconds. 2.10 (my current build) can acquire it quickly as well, but sometimes it does not acquire a data signal at all, and it seems to drop data signal randomly and the only way to get it back is to do a standard reboot. Voice signal is solid, though. I tested this with and without Juice Defender installed, just to eliminate that as the suspect.

Has anyone with the 2.11 noticed this issue with fast boot not acquiring a data signal?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12