My Stock Keyboard Ridiculously Laggy Tonight!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there some cache I can clear or something? I have to press hard and slow. I just did a restart but It didn't help a bit.

I'm going to change this from a question to a tip. I was charging as I typed. I disconnected the charger and lagginess disappeared. I'm baffled why but if it happens to you try disconnecting stock AC HTC charger.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
But when I install all the same apps with all the same settings what reason do you have to believe the same issues won't return? It's logical that they would...or would you do a factory reset every week? I have a bad memory and would have a heck of.a time getting all my apps back the way I like them.

I'm not being flippant I'm serious. Unless willing to.do.a.reset.on some regular basis I don't see why memory wouldn't be cluttered with exactly the same stuff.

Anyway this problem appears to be solved. When charging and at 100% if keyboard gets laggy disconnect power. Problem solved. I just thought I'd share in case it happens to somebody else and if there were an explanation I would have been curious what it was.

robrecht

Pretty good member
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a more general sceen sensitivity issue. Lots of people have noticed a lack of screen sensitivity when the phone is plugged in. I've noticed an extreme case, almost complete lack of responsiveness, but only with one particular aftermarket cable.

Thanks, Robrecht

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It happened on ever app to me but gets worse as the battery approached 100% . At 100% typing is impossible if plugged in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech