Gingerbread coming in September via HTC

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
this is not really news since they said q3 some time ago. Of course they said q2 before that as well.

pjd71

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the real deal this time. I have a strong feeling it will be prior to the release of the Bionic. Got to try and keep the revenue coming in, even though this phone is basically outdated. How about a big nice surprise: Ice Cream!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have absolutely no interest in iphones because I hate how they lock everything up. I just wish all the android phone makers would remember the point of android - OPEN ACCESS. The trouble is they're all obsessed with adding complex ui's of their own (sense, motoblur, etc.). I wish they'd leave em vanilla and let us install skins or ui's or launchers from the marketplace rather than adding one launcher to cover their launcher and totally using up the processor before we even start!

OT Rant over.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have absolutely no interest in iphones because I hate how they lock everything up. I just wish all the android phone makers would remember the point of android - OPEN ACCESS. The trouble is they're all obsessed with adding complex ui's of their own (sense, motoblur, etc.). I wish they'd leave em vanilla and let us install skins or ui's or launchers from the marketplace rather than adding one launcher to cover their launcher and totally using up the processor before we even start!

When an iPhone freezes it freezes bad. I work at UPS and we ship more frozen iPhone back than any Android phone. I'll never buy another ipod or iPhone.... Maybe an iPad if they ever change the look of the OS.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

OT Rant over.

I personally kinda like how LG did things with the Ally (well, as far as the UI is concerned... everything else not so much). It had stock Android, but you could throw on LG's skin if you wanted.

I think all manufacturers should make it an option to run vanilla to save on resources if you so choose. Like running Windows 7 on the Classic theme.

Addendum: Sense is not comparable to MotoBLUR. MotoBLUR is a cancerous plague that Motorola should have let die with the Devour. Sense actually has redeeming qualities to balance it being a resource hog.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

OT Rant over.

If they didn't have their own UI's they wouldn't enjoy the huge market share they do now. As hard as it is for many here to believe, MOST people don't root their phones.....nor do they WANT too.

Dilpickle1

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I personally kinda like how LG did things with the Ally (well, as far as the UI is concerned... everything else not so much). It had stock Android, but you could throw on LG's skin if you wanted.

YES YES YES this sooooo much. I actually looked at the Revolution hoping it would have that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22