Gingerbread Camera Fix *rooted or not rooted*

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Just had this problem pop up for me today when I did my first reboot in quite a while. The quick date change worked like a charm. Thanks!

mlee21

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow sick..

I had this camera problem with the newest uberBAMF rom.. and it was annoying the heck out of me.

Googled it and I got to here..
Changed the date to 8-01-11 had it worked on the SECOND time I pressed the camera app button.

Thanks guys

dougducko

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
here is a fix without having to do all that other stuff

someone else found this on rootwiki

FIX:Camera & Google Talk

This fixed both my Camera and Google Talk that stopped working in Sense ROMS om 08-31-11.

FIX:
1. Go to Settings and select Date & Time.
2. Un check Automatic
3. Change the time to 08-01-11
4. Go and open your camera (it should work now)
5. Now you can go back and check Automatic in the Time & Date Setting

FIX:Camera & Google Talk

Give Credit to Mzimand

dougducko

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
thank you for taking the time to repost this fix,,,I am getting ready to head out on cross country trip and really was upset about cam being dead

spivtron

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed the camera fix zip and my camera is still no working. After flashing the zip file GTalk now does not force close, but my camera doesn't work. I have also tried changing the date with no luck. I am rooted running 605.5 stock debloated. Any ideas?

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have flashed the camera fix zip and my camera is still no working. After flashing the zip file GTalk now does not force close, but my camera doesn't work. I have also tried changing the date with no luck. I am rooted running 605.5 stock debloated. Any ideas?

Camera issue was limited to 605.0.... The files with expired dates was fixed in 605.2..... Might want to clear data and reflash ROM

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

spivtron

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Camera issue was limited to 605.0.... The files with expired dates was fixed in 605.2..... Might want to clear data and reflash ROM

I have tried clearing the data and reflashing the ROM and I am still having the issue. The camera will try and open and then just go straight back to the homescreen. After flashing the fix file it will not go back to the home screen, but will just sit on a blank screen until I hit the home button. Could this be more of a hardware problem than a software problem?

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I have tried clearing the data and reflashing the ROM and I am still having the issue. The camera will try and open and then just go straight back to the homescreen. After flashing the fix file it will not go back to the home screen, but will just sit on a blank screen until I hit the home button. Could this be more of a hardware problem than a software problem?

Have you tried another ROM? If you have the same thing then it's hardware.

ggentry

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

I am having what would seem to be the exact same issue. I had been using BAMF Forever 1.10 with no issues until the right side of my keyboard went dumb, so, in January 2012, I un-rooted and VZW swapped out my original TBolt with one of their cert. like-new TBolts. I rooted the new one via Revolutionary and put BAMF Forever 1.10 and I'm not sure if there were any issues that same day, or if it happened later, but either way, I had the GTalk FC issue and the camera black screen issue. I tried the date thing and it didn't work for me, even after multiple tries and the camera.zip allows GTalk to work again (yay) but the camera still does not work. It stays black and if I don't touch the screen for a bit, a message pops up telling me to tap the screen to activate the camera, but of course, it just stays black and then I press the home screen to get out of it.

I've now switched to Liquid Vigorsense v1.1, which is a 2.3.4 rom running Sense 3.5 under software number 1.26.605.6

kernel 2.6.35.14-imoseyon-5.1.0GBS+root@ubuntu #67

still having exact same issue.

Any help? Most of the posts/solutions about this seem to die out after September 2011. I never had the problem back then....I guess it's found me. I'd really like to use my camera again. :)

spivtron

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I ended up getting my bolt replaced. After trying everything a couple of times I just gave up as it seemed to be a hardware issue. Hopefully it's not the case with yours too.

ggentry

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I re-flashed back to BAMF Forever 1.10 and everything worked, so I tried going back to Liquid Vigorsense v1.1 and it all worked great. Not really sure what the difference is/was, but things are working well right now....now if only I could get the keyboard with arrows working...