Netflix Problem

RideMadone#AC

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Netflix since it was officially released for the TB a couple of months back. I am still having the issue where the audio and video get out of sync. The audio always gets ahead of the video and then about 5 min. later, fixes itself. Is anyone else still having this issue and if not, how did you fix it? I deleted the app and re-installed but it is still doing it.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced the same thing periodically. It seems to happen more frequently on 3G versus 4G LTE. The only workaround I'm aware of is to pause playback for a bit to allow things to sync back up. It appears the app doesn't adjust very well to network latency (which can be higher on wireless networks).

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
^^^ I humbly disagree. I think the Netflix app needs tweaking. Maybe the buffer is too small? I've seen it drift out of synch on a rock solid LTE connection. Then I watched a show on HBO GO from the same location and the playback was flawless.

frankg

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a different problem. When I launch netflix I get a blank white screen for 20 seconds and then a message saying that connection failed. This is at home with wifi, and after testing that my data is on and works. Any ideas on how to fix?

smthomas66

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I saw this thread. I've had the same issue and figured all along that the app needed to be tweaked. Other video services like google's rental service, IMDB trailers, Vevo, youtube are all perfect but Netflix always had this odd out of sync lag with their player after viewing anything for a while. I tried closing a few apps to see if it was something I personally had going on the phone but the problem always seemed to resurface. It's good to know that the app simply needs an update so I'll deal with it until I see the next version which should help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech