Gmail contacts

jm013

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My gmail contacts are not syncing. I have the contacts synced and checked in the Account sync settings. Any ideas why this might be happening?? I have added new contacts and they are not showing up on my pc.

I figured my Android should be seamless with all of my Gmail.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are adding new contacts on your phone, you probably added them as phone contacts, not google contacts. When adding new contacts, at the top there is a drop down menu that allows you to choose the type of contact, you have to make sure to change it to google contact. There's a way to change that as the default...i'll poke around and see if I can find it.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are adding new contacts on your phone, you probably added them as phone contacts, not google contacts. When adding new contacts, at the top there is a drop down menu that allows you to choose the type of contact, you have to make sure to change it to google contact. There's a way to change that as the default...i'll poke around and see if I can find it.
Yeah, I just found out about this myself. Select People | Menu | View and make sure ony Google is selected. That will change the new/add contact default to Google/Gmail.

-Frank

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just found out about this myself. Select People | Menu | View and make sure ony Google is selected. That will change the new/add contact default to Google/Gmail.

-Frank

Yep, think we both found out at the same time. The GB update actually has a pop-up the first time you go into "People" and asks you which contacts to display now which is nice.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

-Frank

I did that - even opened the google in view and only checked one folder within google yet all contacts still show up as suggestions in "to" when composing a gmail. They aren't visible in the "people" list yet gmail still "knows" them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995