losing power while on charger

hybridboy695

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Dose anyone else have this problem? Sometimes when I plug my phone in at 75% when I go back to my phone to check the charge it will have lost power? Anyone have any idea about why this happens or any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Thanks

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone plugged in to my laptop the other day while in class. It was well over half battery when i plugged it in, and was in the yellow when i unplugged it about an hour later.

I really wish Verizon would just throw us tbolt users a bone and give us an early upgrade haha

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I had my phone plugged in to my laptop the other day while in class. It was well over half battery when i plugged it in, and was in the yellow when i unplugged it about an hour later.

I really wish Verizon would just throw us tbolt users a bone and give us an early upgrade haha

Was your laptop on AC power or running off battery? Odds are it will put out a max of 0.5A on battery it might be less. Stock HTC AC charger puts out 1A. If you are in weak signal it will use more power than your than your laptop can provide.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
This happens to me constantly on my motorcycle charger. I can drive around for a while using the GPS, almost everything indicates it is charging the battery, but it really is discharging. I would replace the cable and that would correct it for a month, then it would start doing it again.
The only way I can tell it isn't charging is to use the 'Battery Monitor Widget'.

What I have learned is that I can take a small pair of pliers and gently squeeze the connecter to tighten it up and it is good for another month or so. But I need to keep an eye on it. None of my house cables do this, and I have tried three different brands of cables on the motorcycle. Must be the vibration or something. Very odd.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Dose anyone else have this problem? Sometimes when I plug my phone in at 75% when I go back to my phone to check the charge it will have lost power? Anyone have any idea about why this happens or any suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Thanks

Are you rooted? I've heard of charging issues from some folks who are rooted.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
These kinds of posts always get me thinking that it is better to have multiple batteries and some kind of external battery charger such as the Seidio Multifunction Battery Charger or a dock that can charge an extra battery. That way you always have a charged battery at the ready and the phone gets power cycled when you swap batteries keeping the system fresh. It also minimizes how much the phone gets tethered to a charger and is subsequently immobile. Granted it requires a little more cost for the extra equipment and you need to be disciplined enough to keep the spare batteries charged, but IMO, the payoff is well worth it. I rarely need to plug the phone into a charger and always have a fully charged battery on standby! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn