TB sound/notification/ringtone issue

sfbates

Jan 24, 2011
www.twitter.com
I have a TB
I set the sound volume to No sound/Silent
it will stay this way some times until i turn it back on ( like after class)
But randomly it will turn it's self back to normal volume and i will receive my notifications
quite incontinent in class

I have tried turning the volume to silent using the HTC volume widget. and by using the volume rocker keys. not luck with either

anyone else have this issue?

thanks

Sean

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have never had that problem before and I mute mine around once a week for meetings but I leave mine on vibrate by just turning down the volume using the rocker keys. Is it possible that your bumping the rocker keys while in your pocket or however your caring your phone.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I will say that custom ringtones do screw themselves up from time to time. I'm using tones and notification from ones I loaded onto my SD card though and that might have something to do with it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
When I make the switch to vibrate, it stays until I change it back to normal. I have never heard that happening before.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have it in your pocket during class? Supposedly they can detect when they are in a purse or whatever and get louder, but that shouldn't really be happening if you have it on silent.

Are there any patterns as to when it works and when it doesn't?

"quite incontinent in class" <-- That's not really a problem we can solve on the Thunderbolt forum, but I wish you luck with it. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers