Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
There's no reason on earth they can't make a bigger space for a battery and retaim the kickstand...and maybe even set it up so u could charge the phone while using the kickstand! If htc tries to complete for the slimmest profile they will lose...and so will we.

I agree, WHY they don't do that is beyond me.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yah, that makes sense as those leaked pix of what is supposed to be the Vigor look nothing like a Thunderbolt, but more like the Incredible. It also wouldn't make any sense that the Thunderbolt's successor wouldn't have a kickstand as that is one of its major features/selling points. For me, it's a killer feature and a requirement for any future phone. And no case kickstand's for me please! 1. I don't like cases. 2. Every case with a kickstand I've ever seen are just ugly in comparison to the native one on the Tunda Bawlt. :) But, I'm sure they can improve upon the design that will allow a larger battery anyway while keeping the kickstand. Especially assuming the Thunderbolt 2 will have a larger screen and overall larger in size. Oh, and it will probably have ICS! Muahhhh! Muahhh! Muahhh!:p

The TB2 will get ICS.......about 6 months after it's official 2 month delayed launch. ;)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
So what phone would you guys get if they are released around the same time the Vigor or Prime?

I have always been a huge Sense fan but the thought of Ice Cream Sandwich might sway me.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So what phone would you guys get if they are released around the same time the Vigor or Prime?

I have always been a huge Sense fan but the thought of Ice Cream Sandwich might sway me.

Never had a Samsung phone, so it's hard to say - I do like (despite what some people think) HTC phones. What I WOULDN'T do this time around is be first in line to buy any new phone on release day....of course I say that NOW.

Having "just" gotten the Thunderbolt on March 17th, I'm not in the market for a new phone anyway.....unless the "sandwich" part of ICS is made of Gingerbread! :)

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I think either way you can't go wrong :) I've been following both on and off... so far from what I've read which is rumored and I'm not even sure how accurate it is but the Vigor is supposedly the Incredible HD which will include Dre Beatz.. or whatever its called.. not something I'm really interested in and the Prime is going to be 8mm thick.. which sounds huge.. I think the TB is 6mm. I have a feeling I might go with the Prime... I just hope its not going to be filled with bugs being the first phone with ICS.

Its going to be a tough decision.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think either way you can't go wrong :) I've been following both on and off... so far from what I've read which is rumored and I'm not even sure how accurate it is but the Vigor is supposedly the Incredible HD which will include Dre Beatz.. or whatever its called.. not something I'm really interested in and the Prime is going to be 8mm thick.. which sounds huge.. I think the TB is 6mm. I have a feeling I might go with the Prime... I just hope its not going to be filled with bugs being the first phone with ICS.

Its going to be a tough decision.

At 8mm thick, it might have good battery life. I would rather HTC make their phones thicker or wider or longer or whatever, to accommodate a battery that could power the phone all day. I carry an extra battery with me daily to swap out in the afternoon. The battery hump backs just don't do it for me.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
At 8mm thick, it might have good battery life. I would rather HTC make their phones thicker or wider or longer or whatever, to accommodate a battery that could power the phone all day. I carry an extra battery with me daily to swap out in the afternoon. The battery hump backs just don't do it for me.

That is true.. Prime is Samsung by the way... Vigor is HTC. Even at 8mm I would suspect it still wouldn't weigh more than the Bolt since Samsung uses light plastic to make their phones.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what ics brings to the table. If it's something super amazing ill have to go prime. Otherwise vigor.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That is true.. Prime is Samsung by the way... Vigor is HTC. Even at 8mm I would suspect it still wouldn't weigh more than the Bolt since Samsung uses light plastic to make their phones.

Didn't mean to imply the 8mm thick phone was the HTC. I don't mind a little more weight in my hands and prefer a metal or alloy phone over plastic?.but that's just me, there maybe nothing wrong or cheap about a pastic body these days.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
i miss the days when HTC made sense-less phones. Really wish the Prime was HTC or Motorola. My Epic 4G is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have never owned a Sammy device and really like how the screens look. I wouldn't mind a thicker phone if it = better battery life, like Mike I don't care for the extended battery even thou I have one for those days I won't be around a charger. It's going to be a hard decision either way maybe I'll try both and return the one I don't like if they release around the same time.

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I loved the screen on my wife's Fascinate before she cracked it typing a text. (She was P/O'd at the lag on the keyboard and pressed "too hard"). But the truth is, in every other way measurable, my DInc kicked that phone's butt. Not to mention she just got her FroYo update like 3 months ago, which is about 2 months after I was running a GB rom on my TBOLT. She's using my DInc now and we are both anxiously awaiting the Vigor....

PRC

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I just returned my Bionic and I'm back on my Bolt. Waitingnforneither the Vigor or see what Apple will have to offer. The Bionic just wasn't THAT much better in my opinion.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
What I'd really like is a phone that released with current software. If the Prime is the only one thats going to have ICS by November, I'll wait. I'm sure the screen will be gorgeous... but I'm boycotting samsung. They just don't support their phones here in the United States and Google really should drop them. Might just wait for the next google phone after the prime... my tbolt should still be alive and kicking then (my Hero still is).

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait for the 2.5GHz Quad Core phones.... I wish, but not a requirement. I expect ICS will have teething problems. HC has and GB isn't perfect (outside of Nexus I don't think 2.3.0 / 2.3.1 / 2.3.2 weren't installed as official builds on other phones) . Combining the two.... doesn't give me warm fuzzies. I'll wait for a few builds before I jump. Right now we don't know enough about the radio stacks.... For me that is huge. Until the areas in Midwest/South get full LTE coverage the Thunderbolt has my ideal radio stack. I won't consider another phone right now if I lose the simultaneous Voice and 3G data. Anything without that would be a downgrade. Currently dual cores aren't benchmarking but a few percentage points faster than Thunderbolt... current software isn't able leverage multiple cores yet.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I just returned my Bionic and I'm back on my Bolt. Waitingnforneither the Vigor or see what Apple will have to offer. The Bionic just wasn't THAT much better in my opinion.

I've had the TB from day one, and there is no phone on the market or waiting in the wings, IMO, that is soooo much better than the Thunderbolt that I would just HAVE to get it.

It's well documented that I do not "love" the Thunderbolt, it's just that I don't see the need to buy/try a new phone every 6 months, then return or sell one of them.

I've gotten used to the TB and will keep it till the end of my contract, by then there will be phones with MUCH better specs and features in contrast to the TB - instead of the incremental steps we see now every few months with new releases.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait and see what the vigor brings to the table. Same goes for the prime. I'm not gonna jump to any conclusions based just on hype. Played with a bionic and it was nice, but didnt see the need to switch from the bolt. IF the vigor or prime is faster than the bolt in every way, takes a pic just as good, and gives me faster lte speeds then I will most definitely switch. Until a phone completely outperforms the bolt in everything other than a benchmark then I'll be sold. For now the bolt is still the best phone on Verizon.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually the Vigor is now starting to be rumored as the Incredible HD. No kickstand.....the Thunderbolt 2 will launch next year at some time

So other than the kickstand, what will be the differences between the "Thunderbolt 2" and the "Incredible HD"?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, but I'm way out of the loop since buying my beloved Dinc 1 on day of release. I can't bring myself to part with my Inc, but these two phones might sway me. Fyi- I'm on Verizon.

Thanks!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So other than the kickstand, what will be the differences between the "Thunderbolt 2" and the "Incredible HD"?

Only HTC knows at this point as there hasn't been much concrete info on the Vigor (possibly Incredible HD) and there has been zero info on anything Thunderbolt 2. It's all speculation at this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae