Will gingerbread bring.....

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Gps lock fix?

Gps still doesn't lock for me. If / when it does, takes 5+ mins.
When your out and want to use it, you can't because it takes to long. No one wants to sit and wait like that.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Gps lock fix?

Gps still doesn't lock for me. If / when it does, takes 5+ mins.
When your out and want to use it, you can't because it takes to long. No one wants to sit and wait like that.

The MR2 fix fixed GPS lock for me - it's now almost instant.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if your GPS lock will be fixed by a software upgrade. I'm running stock MR2 and the GPS has, if anything, almost scared me by how FAST I get a lock. Seriously, the GPS gets a lock before Google Maps can load the map based on the cell triangulation location. I've never actually waited any noticeable period for a GPS lock on this phone in the 2+ weeks I've owned it.

I have all three location services turned on (GPS, Verizon, Google). Do you? Check Settings / Location, select everything that can be selected.

Your phone is still under warranty (from what I've heard it's a one-year warranty and the phone came out this year, so everyone's still in warranty). If the GPS has never worked, I'd talk to Verizon about it ASAP.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
i know it sucks to lose all your info, but if you haven't rooted, have you tried a complete wipe? Maybe try a RUU to see if something might be corrupt with your radio? When WiFi messed up with my phone after using gingerbread ROMs, I RUU'd back and re-rooted my phone and all is good. FYI, my wifi issues continued on ROMs/Radios flashes after the initial problem.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
You guys can argue over shinny trinkets all you want, but the Bengals are the greatest team in the history of the sport!

Excuse me....NINERS.....5 trips to the Super Bowl.....5 rings!....no other team has that accomplishment!....Yes, the Steelheads have more super bowl wins, but not undefeated wins!

As you where!

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Phone is stock, not rooted. I always turn on gps before going to maps. Then search an address, navigate.
Then on the top it says follow the route. On the bottom searching for gps...

Sits there... Sigh

jd07bos

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I got mad respect for the niners dynasty, and same with the steelers dynasty. but the bungals?? I mean bengals?? :p

Brady MVP back to back :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech