Data Failed, Data Failed

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I keep having to go into Menu.Setting.Wirelss & Networks and keep unchecking and re checking mobile network, untill it connects, keep getting Data Failed, even with 3g and 2 bars. Have turned phone's LTE off and am only using CDMA now. This is in a 4g area. Use to have full 4g. Now can't connect to crap. Verizon says it is the area I am in. Calling B^%%S&*! and offer no service.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Try removing the battery and SIM card for a few minutes and then putting everything back. You might just need a new SIM card which you can get for free if you go down to Verizon.

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
This happened to me while I was camping for an entire weekend.

Came home got on my WiFi to get all my emails and junk while I was unpacking, got in the car to go up to Verizon and boom. Worked fine again.

From what I can tell having been connected to wireless for a bit reset something that was off a setting or glitch with the radio, not sure. But try to connect to WiFi for a good bit of time and see if that works.

Some people say to put it in airplane more for a few minutes to reset it, same idea I think.

I would try WiFi or airplane mode.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the latest update? Perhaps it would be advantageous to downgrade to an older radio or even reflash the current version

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I get data drops, mostly when I switch connection modes (WiFi to no WiFi, 3G to 1x, 1x to 3G, signal drop-regain, etc, no 4G within 100 miles of me at the moment). Almost every time, toggling airplane mode for about 5 seconds works fine. The phone has required a restart only twice.

It's annoying, but hey - I live in Maine. Both of my Blackberries on AT&T did the same thing. When you live in the sticks, the high tech gimcrackery doesn't always work right.

Maybe the new radio firmware will help. Maybe not. We'll see.

Ed Witles

May 4, 2011
Visit site
It is a real issue and has me wondering as well. VZW is keep their 'head in sand' and not acknowledge folks are having problems. And not just tbolts but all 4g devices.

AP had a nice writeup on this.

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I guess the airplane mode toggle is the same as checking and unchecking the data that i have been doing, works fine, for a while then goes to crap, Seems to be when phone goes to sleep if disconnnets, then i wake it up and no data........

nocolorblue

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Been having the same problems, on my fourth physical Thunderbolt right now. HTC nor Verizon is acknowledging the intermittent problem or has a way to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18