Well guys after all the love and frustration

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset only to still have issues. I got the Thunderbolt Aug 30th. Seems every new device I have is problematic. Really frustrating. I did all I could but the issues are just too much. I called Verizon and will have the replacement on Tuesday. Hope this one will be OK. I love this phone. I had hoped it would last longer. LOL
Not even a month. Like a bad relationship.....

sent from my Thunderbolt via tapatalk

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been on mine since launch. No issues at all and I use my phone pretty hard. Chances are your next one will be fine (assuming there was something permanent with your original, F reset should confirm that though)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LAKingsDru

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have had this phone since may. No issues at all. After the reboot update runs like a charm.

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine used about the same time you received yours. I'm happy to report that I haven't had any serious issues. I hope your replacement works better for you! It is a nice phone.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine used about the same time you received yours. I'm happy to report that I haven't had any serious issues. I hope your replacement works better for you! It is a nice phone.
Thanks... Me too. I love the phone

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had issues with mine a little over a month ago. It wouldn't hold a data signal. So I called Verizon and they sent me another thunderbolt and it has worked great so far.
Hope your next one is a keeper.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had issues with mine a little over a month ago. It wouldn't hold a data signal. So I called Verizon and they sent me another thunderbolt and it has worked great so far.
Hope your next one is a keeper.

Thanks. Me too. Seems every new upgrade ends up being a problem. LOL. I will be glad to have it.
I also might have my incredible sold

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset only to still have issues. I got the Thunderbolt Aug 30th. Seems every new device I have is problematic. Really frustrating. I did all I could but the issues are just too much. I called Verizon and will have the replacement on Tuesday. Hope this one will be OK. I love this phone. I had hoped it would last longer. LOL

Specifically, what problem? I know about the notification during calls issue but is there more? I can tell you all VZW LTE have data connection issues. If it hasn't happened to one user or another it's just a fluke imo. Some people have gone through 5 or 6 phones and still have it. Same on bionic and charge forums. Its annoying but I can live with it. Although if you're in a 3g only zone it may not be worth it.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Almost all the new smartphones, including the Android phones, are problematic these days. These days, being quick to market is often the differentiator between success and failure. I don't look for that to change any time soon. I loath it. But... it is what it is. I think we are all aware of one phone that is generally the exception to this problem-prone expectation. However, most times that phone achieves its stability by eliminating risky programs (functionality be damned) and by policing/censoring the installation of add-on programs. It's our choice.

I feel sorry for customer service reps who are pretty much forced to troubleshoot a cooked-in malfunction in a phone. Because, they can't say to you "yeah, that was the VZW advertised function, but the phone doesn't really do that". They pretty much force you to go through a ton of unnecessary troubleshooting, including hard resets, and new phone replacements, for nadda. 'Cuz the problem is cooked-in! (my word) There are many issues like this in Android phones -- and others.

-Frank

Last edited:

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It won't let me make calls. I hit the call button and it doesn't "connect" unless I power it off and then turn it back on. It rebooted last night twice in 15 minutes. I did a hard reset, still acting up. As far as the 3G keeping it on the 3G has been perfect. I can use 4G in Scottsdale and Phoenix and if I am in town for any period of time, would love to give it a try. I am content with it being on the 3G though.........I upgraded, wanted the larger screen and I love the phone. I hope the replacement will be better.

On a good note, I got my Incredible sold today to a really nice young kid. He is so excited to have it.
His face lit up from ear to ear. Got it activated, he gave me the money and I showed him some things on it. I am glad it was sold to someone who really is excited to have it. He also gave me a huge hug and said thanks ! That made my day. Young people today.......there are still some nice kids out there.
:D

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Pro tip. It's software not hardware. Gingerbread does fix everything (it has for me). All the Verizon android phones are amazing.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It won't let me make calls. I hit the call button and it doesn't "connect" unless I power it off and then turn it back on. It rebooted last night twice in 15 minutes. I did a hard reset, still acting up. As far as the 3G keeping it on the 3G has been perfect. I can use 4G in Scottsdale and Phoenix and if I am in town for any period of time, would love to give it a try. I am content with it being on the 3G though.........I upgraded, wanted the larger screen and I love the phone. I hope the replacement will be better.

On a good note, I got my Incredible sold today to a really nice young kid. He is so excited to have it.
His face lit up from ear to ear. Got it activated, he gave me the money and I showed him some things on it. I am glad it was sold to someone who really is excited to have it. He also gave me a huge hug and said thanks ! That made my day. Young people today.......there are still some nice kids out there.

Well that's one of those issues that would force you to take a refurb. I can't think of a way around it. I've never run into that problem. I'm amazed the factory reset didn't cure it. I would have guessed a call blocker app to be at fault but the factory reset dumped your apps and the problem continued. Too bad the gingerbread update didn't come out in time to test with your issue.

Good luck with your refurb. Hope its a good one.

PS still have my og droid. Just can't bear to part with it. Best phone ever for its time. I use it now on wifi only.
I wish the bionic had come out in time for me to try both the bionic & tbolt but my bias is toward motorola products.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Almost all the new smartphones, including the Android phones, are problematic these days. These days, being quick to market is often the differentiator between success and failure. I don't look for that to change any time soon. I loath it. But... it is what it is. I think we are all aware of one phone that is generally the exception to this problem-prone expectation. However, most times that phone achieves its stability by eliminating risky programs (functionality be damned) and by policing/censoring the installation of add-on programs. It's our choice.

I feel sorry for customer service reps who are pretty much forced to troubleshoot a cooked-in malfunction in a phone. Because, they can't say to you "yeah, that was the VZW advertised function, but the phone doesn't really do that". They pretty much force you to go through a ton of unnecessary troubleshooting, including hard resets, and new phone replacements, for nadda. 'Cuz the problem is cooked-in! (my word) There are many issues like this in Android phones -- and others.

-Frank

I couldn't agree more.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
He also gave me a huge hug and said thanks ! That made my day. Young people today.......there are still some nice kids out there.
Yes! There are still some nice (and smart and considerate and conscientious!) kids out there!. I know just how you feel when you meet one of 'em. Makes me smile and believe there is still hope! :D

-Frank

agunjal

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
My TB Has the issue of constantly dropping 3G or LTE data connections. I then take it into/out of airplane mode to get data again. Verizon says its a know HTC issue and its been escalated to HTC.

Would rooting and upgrading to GB cure this? I recently switched from an iPhone and have been thinking of going back. I really love the phone but need data for work.

thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance